6 months ago
About the Role
Our Belfast office is seeking a Senior Highway Engineer with experience in the Highways Sector to be part of our growing team. This role will see you working on projects worth anything between £40m and £900m.
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think groundbreaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
A typical week would include:
1. Take a senior role, providing design and technical leadership, working as part of a supportive and passionate team with an excellent team culture
2. Be part of an integrated design team (IDT) on large infrastructure projects in UK and Ireland
3. Provide innovative thinking and continue to develop our advances in the industry
4. Provide positive mentoring and leadership to members of our team
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* Have a degree in Civil Engineering or another appropriate subject
* Be a Chartered Engineer
* Possess high levels of innovative thinking and the ability to show initiative
* Be experiencing in developing others to their full potential
* Be experienced in the design, supervision and overall management of highway projects
* Demonstrate successful liaison and co-ordination on multi-disciplinary highway projects
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A little about us:
We value our people and our reputation
We stand for attracting, developing, engaging and retaining the best professionals in our fields of expertise, because our people are what make us great. We put the highest ethical standards at the centre of all we do. We are professional, humble and act with moral and intellectual integrity, keep our word, treat everyone with respect, support our colleagues and embrace diversity.
We care about individuals and their progress and offer the most fulfilling career development for our professionals. We promote our young recruits because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Find your career path at WSP.