3 months ago
Senior Engineer (Highways) - A46 Anstey (Leicester) - (1900002N)
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
We are recruiting for a Senior Engineer to work on our latest scheme awarded under the Midlands Highways Alliance the A46 in Anstey. The Scheme worth in excess of £7m will be delivered over 12 months and offer improvements in the level of congestion in the approach road to Anstey by widening the current dual carriageway to increase the flow of traffic.
The Senior Engineer will take responsibility for overall engineering control and site management functions (e.g. H&S, Quality, Commercial) allocated by the Site Manager during site occupancy, and thus maintaining and maximising quality of service and profitability.
* Engineers will actively lead this initiative and will be responsible for monitoring the quality of the works in conjunction with the Test and Inspection Plan, maintaining as built records.
* Assist the Site Manager in the initial site set-up, ensuring Company systems and procedures are in place and implemented.
* Rigorously apply effective planning techniques, methods analysis and controls to ensure the most effective and continuous use of resources.
* Assist the Site Manager and Quantity Surveying Department by compiling data to record resources utilised on each activity.
* Support the implementation of strict financial controls on the payment of subcontractors, suppliers and operatives.
* Co-ordinate site engineering control activities to satisfy contract programme requirements, delegating or carrying out setting out as necessary.
* Ensure standard Company procedures are adopted in carrying out setting out operations, and that effective methods of communication are used in transmitting information to operatives and subcontractors.
* Carry out ‘as built’ surveys on completed works
* Liaise and co-ordinate with all Head Office Departments to improve all levels of communication so as to benefit and develop overall Company objectives.
* Actively support the Site Manager in maintaining and enforcing safety standards as required by statute and in accordance with the Company's Safety Policies.
* Assist in establishing and maintaining links with clients, determine customer satisfaction levels and develop contact points for post contract marketing.
* Actively participate in generating a wider client base and produce feedback data to the Regional Manager.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Standard setting out techniques – ability to use level & EDM. Knowledge of GPS preferred.
* Experience in highway works, particularly drainage, Steel & Concrete piling
* HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or associated discipline
* CSCS Card
* Health & Safety Qualification
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,500 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
Primary Location : Leicestershire
Job : Engineering (Site)
Organization : Construction & Investments
Job Type : Experienced
Job Posting : Jan 31, 2019, 9:48:49 AM