2 months ago
Senior Engineer – Highways-191925
Senior Engineer - Highways
Salary and benefits:
Competitive salary, matched pension up to 7.5%, numerous retail discounts and up to 10% off new Kier homes
Business area: Highways
Kier Strategic Highways are looking to recruit a Senior Engineer to join the Highways Design Services business. The position is responsible for delivering technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client’s brief.
Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
* Undertaking services within an engineering environment which may include (but are not limited to); scheme investigation, site and structure inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
* Managing the delivery of technical outputs of project teams.
* Acting as Lead Designer on work undertaken by the team.
* Ensuring personal utilisation targets are met.
* Contributing to Value Management / Engineering to support Principal Engineers and Project Managers in ensuring that schemes are delivered with innovation.
* Communicate, deliver and implement improvements to SHEQ within all aspects of projects.
* Carrying out the checking and certifying of design deliverables (including drawings specifications, professional skill and care certificates, reports and contract documents), and authorising where appropriate.
* Ensuring that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company’s management systems including Health and Safety, project and risk management.
* Developing the talent within the team by coaching and mentoring Engineers, Technicians and Graduates and supporting their technical career development aspirations.
* Supporting managers with provision of information on the technical performance of staff for performance appraisal purposes.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
* To be a chartered / incorporated member of a relevant professional institution (MICE/MCIHT) or demonstrably progressing towards this level of attainment and possessing equivalent experience.
* Demonstrable broad in-depth experience in design of highway maintenance or improvement schemes to UK standards.
* Experience in design of highway drainage to UK standards.
* Experience of Value Managing schemes using Highways England’s processes and procedures.
* Knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
* Able to carry out technical compliance checks for project team outputs.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-England-Lancashire-Chorley
Job: Engineering - Construction/Civils
Organization: Kier Group UK