8 months ago
£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday +
Category: Test Jobs
Senior Engineer - EMC Test & Compliance
£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
This role sits within the Electronics team of our automotive function.
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 650 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
* Manage delivery of EMC test services to internal customers
* Act as advisor and consultant on EMC testing strategy and activities
* Provide technical advice to the Electronics Team
* Provide technical guidance, support and training to other Test Engineers
* Review EMC control plans, risk registers, test plans and test reports provided by customers and suppliers
* Remain knowledgeable of applicable EMC legislation in the Automotive domain
* Propose and document investment opportunities in the field of EMC
* Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree qualification.
* Experience in the automotive industry with a demonstrated capability in the field of Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC)
* Evidence of previous vehicle and/or subsystem EMC test and development work
* Proven records of delivering projects on time and within budget
* A solid understanding of fundamental EMC theory and vehicle electrical power supply
* Knowledge and experience of EMC and Power supply test methodology
* Project management skills
* A good working knowledge of EMC mitigation strategy and problem resolution techniques for both radiated emissions, susceptibility and mutual interference
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.