5 months ago
Senior Engineer - Electrical - (ATE00041R)
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 74,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
Purpose of role:
Provide engineering expertise and undertake a defined list of engineer activities within the Electrical Engineering Team in order to deliver the Engineering Plan.
Key Technical Skills
• Possess in depth knowledge of the Electrical discipline.
• Knowledge and experience in use of ship design processes and systems to LCM guidelines
• Extensive technical knowledge and problem solving in Electrical systems
Key Leadership/People Mgmt Skills
• Good people management skills and experienced in a multi- disciplined engineering environment.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to management and peers.
• Promote coherent engineering “Best for Project” standards.
• Displays flexibility through response to radical changes
Key Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills
• Continuously Improves standards of excellence in drive and commitment.
• Demonstrates Focus on Order through monitoring work packages or projects
• Demonstrates Customer Focus through forging partnerships that shape customer expectations.
• Supports a developmental environment that supports the development of others
• Researches when digging for information.
Key Mental/Analytical Skills and Challenges
• Ensure effective application of process in assigned areas, including supporting the design, modifications and improvements to processes in accordance with relevant standards, best practice and developing needs
• Interprets requirements from contract or other documentation producing specifications and/or instructions. Delivers cost effective data to budget and programme.
• 5 Years’ experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
• Good working experiences in more than one phase of the LCM, with sufficient experience of the total LCM to enable a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues
• Previous experience on other projects of complexity (new build)
• Typically degree qualified (not essential) , likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline
• Meet the requirements for registration As Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably be a member of a relevant Professional Body
At Jacobs we have recently celebrated 10 years of our culture of caring - ‘BeyondZero’. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we promote STEM and WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) initiatives. When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity. To find out more about our networks, check out our website:
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
: United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Glasgow
: Aug 21, 2019, 10:21:03 AM