5 months ago
About the Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think groundbreaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
The Development Infrastructure discipline specialises in providing high level advice to mainly private sector clients on planning and design issues relating to Highways and Transportation, Signal Design, Sewerage, SUDS, Building Drainage, Earthworks, Flood Protection and Services Co-ordination on Residential, Retail, Industrial and Commercial Developments both in the UK and overseas. The team also works closely with other WSP disciplines on high profile major multi-disciplinary projects, contributing to the success of the London based teams.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Engineer to join the team in London. All Engineers are encouraged and assisted to progress their training towards Incorporated and Chartered status, internal and external training will be provided.
A typical week would include:
* Managing and mentoring junior members of staff
* The delivery of concept studies and strategies with hands on design, leading to planning applications and down to detailed design and construction drawing issue
* Being active on a number of projects and client accounts at any given time with input to project management
* Being supported by a team of experienced technical staff of various grades, to whom you will be expected to assist and provide guidance and support where appropriate
* Client and design team liaison, assisting in the preparation of fee proposals and financial control of projects
* You will be responsible for ensuring your projects are delivered to budget, programme and technical standards and meet QA, CDM and SHEQ requirements
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A Civil Engineering degree with at least 4-5 years post graduate (or equivalent) experience and either have been awarded or nearing Chartered status (CEng, MICE, MCIHT, MCIWEM), with appropriate commercial experience and responsibility
* The ability to produce masterplans, site appraisals, written submissions for planning applications, technical reports, design calculations and construction drawings
* Good written and spoken communication skills and an awareness of current and emerging technical and planning guidance
* Experience of liaison with clients, co-professionals and design teams, and be competent in liaising with Highway, Water, Statutory and local authorities to negotiate the necessary outline and detailed technical approvals
* Robust knowledge of the financial and contractual aspects of planning, bidding, and delivering both large and small projects.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
A little about us:
Our work is serious, and serious fun. We create homes for penguins, help you get from A to B faster and safer, create inspiring places to live and work, and shape the skylines of our cities.
We value our people and our reputation. Having a diverse and robust workforce enables us to look for answers, not problems, and we pride ourselves on offering clients clever, imaginative, future-facing solutions. If you are interested in finding ways to help society thrive, at home and further afield, an exciting career could be waiting for you here.