30 days ago
Senior Engineer – HS2 Enabling Works – Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
Are you a Senior Engineer looking to work on one the UK’s most prestigious projects with continued development, variety and interesting scope of works where you will be challenged? If so then we would love to hear from you regarding a new role for a Senior Engineer to work with our team on the HS2 Enabling Works. As the Senior Engineer you will provide a cost conscious and safe engineering service to a Project. You will enjoy managing more junior engineers and assists the Construction / Project Manager with construction of the project.
What you will be doing
* Supervise assistant/site engineers and take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
* Assist with temporary works design schemes
* Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
* Maintain good working relations with client / designer / Team, together with our supply chain.
* Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
* Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
* Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
* Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process.
* Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
* Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / project team.
* Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
* Mirror the Murphy Values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect in all behaviours.
* Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
Who we are looking for
* Proven experience working with utilities on large civil engineering projects
* Excellent communications skills both internally and client facing
* Commercial acumen
* Ability to produce, implement and manage safe systems of work for construction procedures.
* Confident to discuss engineering issues with people across various levels and disciplines.
About the project
As part of HS2 enabling works, we have been awarded various Work Packages. The project focus is highways and utility diversion and comprises of heavy earthworks, roadworks (tarmac, signalling, fencing white lining), traffic management, deep drainage works, multiple utilities diversions, non-contestable utility connections and construction of attenuation pond with the associated penstock chambers and outfalls.
* Charity is at the heart of Murphy values; you will receive 2 days leave per year to donate your time to a charity of your choosing. Many teams choose to support a charity together to positively impact our communities.
* Access to Murphy Wellbeing: you will have access to a host of online tools, mental health trained colleagues, and if needs be external professional support because we understand that work and life offers challenges that sometimes need a little extra support.
* Murphy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture, making Murphy a great place to work where we can all thrive. You can get involved in numerous events and even join our committee dedicated to continuously nurturing Murphy’s inclusive culture.
If you think Murphy is the place to help you thrive in a great team dedicated to delivery and engineering excellence, and want to work in an inclusive team culture that rewards performance and drives personal development, then get in touch.
What you’ll get in return
* Dedicated and continued investment in your professional development.
* 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays with the option to buy or sell 2 holiday days
* Discretionary annual bonus
* Above market rate contributory pension scheme
* Other benefits if applicable
* Other Murphy benefits include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc
We’re proud to have become the latest employer to #BantheBoxUK and reduce barriers to employment for people with criminal records. Employers often ask candidates about criminal convictions at the initial stage of a job application. If so, people with convictions are often excluded from roles for which they may be qualified and capable of doing.
By signing up to @Business in the Community’s Ban the Box campaign, we have committed to:
* Removing the tick box from our job application forms that asks about criminal convictions
* Considering applicants’ skills, experience, and ability to do the job before asking about criminal convictions
* Ensuring that the circumstances of any convictions are fairly assessed before a decision is made
23 days ago
only 6 days until close
26 days ago
only 3 days until close
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close