21 days ago
As we continue to build our business and deliver for our clients, RPS is now seeking an experienced Senior Engineer to join our progressive Design business.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our busy and vibrant design team based in Newark or London depending on candidate with agile working. This person will be responsible for detailed calculations and assist in co-ordination of project design activities in accordance with the project requirements. Working across various projects, this is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious employee to work on high-profile projects and help us solve problems that matter.
RPS is a leading global professional services firm with over 4600 consultants and service providers. Working in 125 countries across all six continents. We are proud of the quality tailored solutions we provide to our clients which generate high volumes of repeat business and we are confident we can provide unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
As a Senior Engineer your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Supporting the Team in the technical delivery of projects
* Assisting in performing project reviews and co-ordination as required to ensure technical requirements are satisfied
* Specification and Report writing
* Establishing and maintaining good relationships with external project team members as appropriate
* Attending project/client meetings and assisting with site inspections and surveys as required
* Commercial awareness and cognisance of cost/time, budget implications
* Using own initiative and demonstrating independent working ability when required
* Conducting activities and producing outputs in line with relevant legislation and industry standards
* Completing designs, applying sound technical knowledge relevant to the role
* Co-ordinate and manage drawings, checking CAD/ Revit design work completed by junior colleagues
* Conducting activities in line with RPS procedures
* Upholding defined RPS behaviours and appropriate personal/professional conduct
* Taking responsibility for individual safety and the safety of others. Working in a safe manner at all time and reporting all health & safety incidents and concerns, including near misses, accidents, and injuries
* Managing own continuous professional development and maintaining a good degree of discipline knowledge and awareness
* Attending and participating in knowledge sharing forums within the business as required
* Line-managing and mentoring junior staff, providing advice and guidance to share technical expertise
* Additional duties as required
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
* Degree in relevant area / discipline of work
* Minimum 4 years relevant experience
* Line management and team working capabilities
* Chartered or Incorporated status with relevant professional body
* Good computer skills in using Microsoft Office software
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Organisational skills to manage own deadlines and competing priorities
* Team-working skills
* Ability to use Revit modelling software
* Reinforced concrete detailing ability
What we offer you:
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: Excellent holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
With expertise across a broad range of project types and scales, we guide projects as they move from initiation and scoping, to design and delivery. Our team offers integrated planning, design, technical and project management services to support developers to invest with confidence, streamline approvals and deliver projects that respect and enhance local communities.
Our people live our purpose, deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behaviours define who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that we do. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a great place to do great work. ‘Stronger Together’ is one of our five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace: ‘We are respectful, acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent. People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.’
We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require any further information.