about 1 month ago
Location: Home based (UK) - Residing in London, South East, Home counties or South Coast with some travel
Zurich Engineering have a new vacancy for a Senior Engineer in the Technical Standards department, specialising in Pressure Systems Compliance. The focus being the requirements of PSSR and pressure equipment falling under the scope of PUWER.
This role is available on a full-time or part-time basis. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
* Compliance with technical standards and quality systems within the technical discipline
* Provide technical support to Engineer Surveyors, clients and sales teams as required
* Review of surveyor examination reports and written schemes for technical and procedural accuracy
* Identify learning needs, including the development and presentation of training material
* Mentor Engineer Surveyors through training and competency assessment
* Undertake site audits and risk audits on Pressure Systems Engineer Surveyors
* Develop and maintain technical reference databases in line with change and development in the sector
* Carry out work as part of technical engineering investigations
* Continuously develop business relationships to support the Engineering Inspection business
* Promote positive customer perception of engineering services in the UK
Your skills and experience:
* Sound understanding of the design, construction and operation of a wide range or pressure plant and equipment
* Thorough knowledge of the legislation relevant to operation and examination of pressure systems
* Qualified to HNC or degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
* At least 5 years direct relevant experience with pressure systems, working towards or holding IEng status
* Knowledge of standards and legislation applicable to the design and manufacture of pressure equipment
* Thorough knowledge of periodic in-service examination requirements of pressure systems
* Development and review of Written Schemes of Examination
* Sound understanding of material applications, damage and degradation mechanisms
* Can work effectively within a team environment as part of the Technical Standards team
* Effective planning and management of allocated work and projects to meet planned requirements
* Appreciation of quality management systems and operating within an ISO9000 / ISO17020 management system
* Desire to keep at the forefront of technical knowledge and understanding of existing and developing pressure systems
* Can develop clear and concise technical documentation for both experienced and inexperienced audiences
* Have good presentation skills allowing clear transfer of technical knowledge to both experienced and inexperienced audiences
We’re offering a competitive salary, as well as this we offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package:
* 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
* 12% pension
* Company car under the essential car user scheme
* Annual company bonuses
* Full private medical cover/ contribution to medical cover
* Discounted technology offers
* Virtual GP appointments
* Free flu jab
* Discounted gadget insurance
* Discounted will writing service
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours and an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best. You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A longstanding player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, sex, gender identity, race, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/parental and mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.
: United Kingdom
: Yes, 50 % of the Time