12 months ago
Murphy Group is looking to recruit a Senior Engineer to provide a cost conscious and safe engineering service to our project at Gosport. The Senior Eginner will manage a small team of Engineers and assists the Construction/Project Manager in construction operations.
Duties & Responsbitlites;
* Supervise assistant and site engineers
* Assist with temporary works design schemes
* Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
* Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
* Maintain good working relations with client / designer / Team, together with our supply chain.
* Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
* Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
* Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
* Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process.
* Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
* Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / project team.
* Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
Skills & Experience
* At least 6 years, proven experience in large civil engineering projects.
* Exeprience in tanks, concrete structure and setting out
* Ability to produce, implement and manage safe systems of work for construction procedures.
* Excellent knowledge of current civil engineering legislation as well as Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.