5 months ago
Main Purpose of Role
Senior Engineer required for the Water / Wastewater division. Based out of North West London, London but covering a range of projects across Thames Valley. Candidate will be responsible for the management of all engineering functions on a project, co-ordination of the design and providing managment support to the PM. A successful candidate will be expected to become a team player and show effective time management in discharging their duties.
* Identification and management of Temporary Works. To fulfil the position of Temporary Works Supervisor OR Temporary Works Coordinator OR both.
* The day to day management of all engineering activities currently being undertaken including assessment of permanent and temporary works design works requirements and the appointment of suitable resource to satisfactorily complete those works.
* The review and acceptance of IFC documents.
* Responsible for the management and development of placement/graduate engineers.
* Responsible for ensuring that all changes in client / company standards are captured reviewed and briefed out to all staff who have safety critical involvement.
* Ultimately responsible for all engineering activities both on and off site for the particular project in question.
* Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
* Responsible for preparation and briefing of all method statements and risk assesments.
* Ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with risk assessments and method statements.
* Participate in, and positively promote, the Murphy Culture Development Culture (leading to Zero Harm).
* Delivering safety briefings and TBTs.
* Providing program and progress reports/updates as required.
* Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
* Liason with the designers/client providing constructability input during solutions identification and design phase.
* The review of all Designs to ensure coordination between design disciplines.
* Compliance with all responsibilities detailed in the project quality plan and Inspection and Test Plans.
* Ensuring works are undertaken and completed in accordance with CESWI, SFA or other applicable specifications.
* Raising and closing out of any Non-Conformance Reports.
* Setting out of works as per IFC drawings and compilation of the As Constructed information.
* Compliance with all responsibilities detailed in the project environmental plan.
* Maintaining daily records, allocations and relevant registers for a project.
* Identifying any changes in the works and recording of such.
* Preparation of drawings/sketches in the Auto Cad format as required.
Skills and Experience
* Relevant Qualification in Engineering.
* Previous experience in the water/wastewater sector is essential.
* Proficient in the use of AutoCad software.
* Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project.
* Temporary Works Co-Ordinator.
* Proficient in the use of surveying equipment including but not limited to GPS, robotic total station, pipe laser and automatic level.
* Confined Space Training.
* CSCS Card.
* Driving Licence.