6 months ago
Purpose of Role
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer with cable systems design experience to join us in either our Greater Manchester, North West or London office to provide a cost conscious and safe engineering service to projects, as well as managing junior engineers and assisting the Construction / Project Manager in construction operations.
* Developing HV/EHV cabling systems specifications, concept/detailed design and design review, estimation, site supervision and support as required.
* Provide technical support to the team on all aspects of HV cable system engineering and design
* Prepare plant and equipment technical specification, power cable route specifications, tender specifications, technical and progress reports
* Ensuring correct and accurate interface with other engineering functions involved in the projects, attend and conduct internal and external meetings with colleagues, clients and subcontractors.
* Support factory inspections, acceptance testing
* Perform technical calculations, including cable size and rating calculations
* Perform design reviews, verification of design
* Site supervision experience would be an advantage
* Preferably a thorough understanding Power Systems theory
* Ensuring all project designs are compliant with CDM regulations, relevant legislation and company procedures
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Supervise assistant and site engineers
* Assist with temporary works design schemes.
* Maintain good working relations with client / designer / Team, together with our supply chain.
* Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
* Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
* Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
* Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Degree in Electrical Power Engineering
* Proven experience in transmission and distribution projects.
* IET/CIGRE membership (or similar)
* CSCS Card
* Full valid UK driving license
* Chartered Engineer Status (desirable)
* SMSTS Course (desirable)