7 months ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary negotiable plus excellent benefit package
Overall Role Purpose:
Reporting to the Project Manager on site, the Senior Surveyor is responsible for all commercial and contractual matters on the site allocated to them and should be able to effectively manage surveyors and or assistant surveyors to successfully deliver that project. On larger more intricate projects may be required to carry out the same tasks for a section or sections of the works reporting to a Managing Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager.
· Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
· Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy. (including references taken, suitable levels of HSEQ etc)
· Review and commercially assess the Main Contract conditions and advise on risk and scope areas
· Review and commercially assess sub-contract packages for incorporation into the main tender when required.
· Review tender information for VE opportunities
· Assist the Bid team as required.
· Ensure that all aspects of the project are understood and make effective use of the tender handover.
· Understand and be aware of the tender book allowances, risk and scopes.
· Establish the first profit and loss forecast.
Required Qualifications / Expertise:
· An accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES).
· Alternatively, a degree with some numerical or technical is advantageous. Relevant HND subjects include building/construction, urban and land studies, civil engineering and structural engineering.
· Adequate experience as an Assistant QS/QS.