9 months ago
Senior Electronics Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
* The Senior Electronics Engineer role involves specification, design and test of the electronic circuits for new products across all of Dyson’s consumer appliance product categories.
* As a member of the UK Electronics HW Design group you will work in multi-disciplinary global project teams to develop and deliver the electronics for new products.
* You may also support Dyson’s Research and New Product Innovation teams to investigate and develop novel electronics to realise new product ideas.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
When you invent something, the right technology often doesn’t exist to make it work. So we make our own. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson electronics engineers have enabled our ideas to become reality. As our future products rely more on robotics, connectivity, and complex sensing and navigation technologies, our high speed electronics will stand us apart. From designing the hardware to the systems, that make Dyson machines as reliable as they are intelligent, our electronics engineers are central to our most pioneering RDD.
* The role will require a highly motivated, creative, methodical and flexible person, ready to take on challenges with a pragmatic approach. You may also be tasked with leading a team of electronics engineers on a development project, and also with supervising, mentoring and guiding junior engineers.
* Development of electronic circuits for new Dyson products across all product categories.
* Working in a team under the supervision of a Senior engineer: performing circuit design and analysis tasks for new designs; liaising with PCB layout engineers; participating in design reviews; performing laboratory testing and design verification.
* Collaborating with engineering design teams in the UK and South East Asia on new product developments.
* Recording and documenting your work to a high standard as defined by the Dyson engineering framework.
* As an electronics engineer you will have some prior experience of electronics design, being capable of working under supervision to generate high quality design solutions. Preferably you will have some experience of design for consumer products and the product development lifecycle.
* A good degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Physics)
* Experience working in the design, implementation and testing of algorithms and signal processing
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Good communication skills verbally and in writing
* Strong embedded firmware skills in C
* Strong modelling and analytical skills in MATLAB or similar
* Experience with sampling theory and Digital Signal Processing implementations
* Skills statistics and analysis of large datasets would be an advantag
* 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Performance related bonus
* Life assurance
* Sport centre
* Free on-site parking
* Subsidized café and restaurants
* Discounts on Dyson machines