7 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to be part of our multidisciplinary engineering team in London to support our tunnelling sector. You will be required to work autonomously or with a team to develop successful projects through clear strategy and proactive commitment. The role will require nationwide travel to support our projects. This currently requires a time split between our office in Central London and our plant facility in Nottinghamshire.
* Represent the company in professional and diligent manner at all times
* Establish and maintain strong working relationship with internal and external stakeholders, design team, authorities, utilities and associated organisations.
* Attend all meetings with client, project team, contractors etc.
* Undertake and deliver high quality detailed design for electrical and power distribution systems, including calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, models, specifications and other documents required.
* Programming in Programmable logic controller for automatic control system for TBM’s. This will include the design & commissioning of PLC, HMI, VFD and Industrial automation devices like sensors and actuators.
* Review and management of project from inception to post construction duties.
* Good knowledge of relevant legislations, standards, regulations, guides and good practices.
Qualities & skills:
• Chartered Engineer or Professional Registered working toward CEng. With Electrical engineering Degree.
• Experience in a construction / tunnel engineering capacity.
• Proven ability to design electrical systems (HV / LV) for TBM (Tunnel Boring Machines).
• Experience of being Lead Electrical Engineering for more than one project.
- Required involvement from Concept to Construction.
• Mentoring and management of junior engineers, sharing technical knowledge and experience.
• Legally able to work in the United Kingdom.
• Fluent in English (written and spoken).
• Communicate and present in a professional manner, both written and verbally.
• Use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a project.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership and work well in a team.
• Actively demonstrate initiative and able to work independently under pressure to meet deadlines efficiently.