9 months ago
Senior Electrical Engineer - Maidenhead Building Services
Service area : Building Services
Region : UK - Maidenhead
Application deadline :
Do you want to work for an industry leading Engineering company where your work makes a difference? Do you enjoy being part of an inclusive team where respect for people is a priority? Then Sweco is the place to be.
What does the role involve?
Sweco Building Services specialises exclusively in building services engineering. We provide sustainable solutions and authoritative impartial engineering advice on major projects that satisfy demanding business objectives whilst respecting people and the environment.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Lead teams working on demanding large-scale projects in the UK.
* Working closely with clients, architects and other members of the professional team you will take an active role in establishing the brief of projects, leading design and developing potential solutions in order to assist in delivering high quality projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
* You will represent the company in client meetings, lead negotiations with the local authorities and undertake site visits/inspections.
* You will also be required to write detailed reports and specifications.
* You will manage and coordinate the input of other Building Services disciplines.
Master of Engineering (MEng) in Electrical or Building Services Engineering.
Suitable candidates will be experienced electrical engineers who have post graduate experience in a design environment, and have excellent design and communication skills.
Experience of large commercial fit out design for corporate clients would be an advantage.
* Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
* Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
* Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
* Take responsibility for personal development
* Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
* Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
* Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
* Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
* You will have the ability and drive to move to the next level in your career after an appropriate period.
Closing date : 12th October 2018
Location : Maidenhead
Salary range : £37,000 - £40,000. Benefits package, including pension, 23 days holiday (in addition to statutory bank holidays) and support for your professional development including payment of two professional institution subscriptions annually.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please note that there is an incentive payment available for applicants who apply directly and are successfully appointed.
Vacancy reference - LON/BS/172
Posting date : 13th September 2018
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core our business. Serving our customers in challenging projects is part of our daily work. Continuous development of your expertise is not an option but a requirement.
Sweco plans and designs the communities and cities of the future. Our work produces sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and access to electricity and clean water. With 14,500 employees in Europe, we offer our customers the right expertise for every situation. We carry out projects in 70 countries annually throughout the world. Sweco is the leading engineering and architecture consultancy in Europe, with sales of approximately SEK 16.0 billion (EUR 1.7 billion) (pro forma 2015). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Sweco is committed to achieving equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.