11 months ago
About the Role
WSP are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our team in Manchester as a Senior Engineer
A typical week could include;
Work within a mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) discipline team providing design and technical
advice on projects in a discipline lead capacity and a WSP project manager capacity on medium sized
■ Complete detailed designs and supervise the work of others in this function.
■ Consider the feasibility of the project specific to the discipline and contribute to the overall feasibility study for
■ Produce detailed and performance specification for the discipline subject to review by colleagues prior to
■ Produce detailed equipment schedules for issue with the discipline specific designs.
■ Carry out detailed calculations appropriate to the discipline and review the work of others for accuracy.
■ Produce combined MEP Residual Risk drawings in accordance with the CDM regulations with input from
other discipline as required.
■ Show leadership in the promotion of sustainability and energy efficiency within your designs and discuss the
appropriate systems to implement with the WSP project manager.
■ Carry out condition surveys for the discipline for combining into to an overall report and collate all findings for
issue to the client.
■ Visit sites as required to determine the quality of the installation process allied to the discipline and report to
the client for the whole project.
■ Deal with day-to-day queries from site allied to the discipline and report to the client where you are the WSP
■ Be able to demonstrate acceptable technical writing skills.
■ Work in co-ordination with all other design team members whether internal of external.
■ Attend design team meetings to represent your technical discipline and be able to convey other disciplines on
behalf of WSP.
We'd love to here from you if you;
* Meet the requirements of an 'Engineer' grade and having a proven track record on multiple projects types and technical breadth.
* Are able to work using their own initiative with minimal supervision on all technical aspects of their discipline or have specific specialist experience applicable to the role.
* Can work under the clear direction of others and interpret the needs of a project where applicable to the discipline.
* Manage multiple projects in a clear concise and co-ordinated manor.
* Supervise others in their role in a consistent manor.
* Take a senior role allied to your discipline and be the clients’ main point of technical contact.
* Assist in the professional development of others.
* Low voltage distribution systems
* Cable calculations via Hevacomp or Amtech
* Cable calculations by hand
* Lighting calculations (via software and by hand)
* Energy lighting
* Small power
* Fire alarms
* Intruder detection
* Access control & security systems
* Disabled call systems
* Data cabling and outlets
* Lightning protection
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
With 7,000 talented people in 60 offices across the UK and Ireland, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
* We value our people and our reputation.
* We are locally dedicated with international scale.
* We are future-focused and challenge the status quo.
* We foster collaboration in everything we do.
* We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable.