8 months ago
Requisition ID: 228307
Position: Senior Electrical Engineer
No. of positions: 1
Start date: April 2020
* Plans and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
* Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques.
* Provides technical direction and assigns work to engineers, designers, and drafters who assist on specific assignments.
* High self-motivation, ability to work with minimum direction. Seeks out support from colleagues as needed.
* Ability to present design issues clearly to customers and suppliers
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and ensure clarity and quality of documentation.
* Must be competent and able to expediently work in a culturally diverse, interactive, and productive team environment, uphold the company’s ethics and leadership covenants and apply the company’s highest standards of quality to all facets of the work including technical and administrative aspects.
* The Engineer must be computer literate with the latest range of office automation tools (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-Point etc.)
Specific Position Duties/Responsibilities:
1. The Engineer shall report to the Lead Electrical Engineer and direct small teams of electrical engineers and designers.
2. In an interface role the Engineer shall coordinate design, material and tie-ins for particular services across multiple disciplines.
3. The Engineer's responsibilities shall encompass the design and specification of electrical systems and equipment including:
* HV, MV and LV switchgear
* Power Generators
* Variable Speed Drives
* Design of electrical power systems
* Electrical Layout drawings
* Power Systems Analysis utilising ETAP software
* Electrical Network Control and monitoring systems
Candidates will also be experienced in working with electrical equipment/material vendors to specify, evaluate technical bids and review vendor documentation, and must be familiar with International Standards (e.g. IEC, ANSI, NEMA, API, etc) and their application as well as industry trends and their likely impacts.
* Electrical Engineering- Masters or Honours degree
* Chartered member of IET/equivalent is an advantage.
* Sound knowledge and experience in electrical engineering on oil, gas and petrochemicals projects
Key Technical skills:
* Experience in conducting electrical system studies using ETAP (preferably including transient analysis, harmonic studies, relay coordination and grounding system design)
* Hazardous Area classification and selection of electrical equipment/materials for use in hazardous areas
* Experience with Smart Plant Electrical (SPEL)
The position is primarily based in our London office, but may require overseas travel on business visits. There are opportunities for worldwide international travel/assignment including India and the Middle East.
Candidates should have the right to work in the UK and be able to travel internationally on a business trip and assignment basis.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.