3 months ago
Senior Electrical Engineer - London
Manage your own projects as a Senior Electrical Engineer in our thriving London team. The role will offer the opportunity for you to deliver sustainable and innovative design solutions for building services projects on a global platform.
Our London Building Services (MEP) team is involved in a wide variety of challenging and exciting projects. With projects including the Stratford Waterfront redevelopment, the David Attenborough building at the University of Cambridge and KAFD Metro Station in Riyadh, BuroHappold's London Building Services team continues to deliver state of the art design solutions which encourage the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources. Our holistic, multidisciplinary design environment affords our engineers the freedom and creativity to push the boundaries of sustainable building technology across HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing disciplines in collaboration with practice-wide specialist groups such as sustainability & physics, facades, lighting, and technology.
What will I be doing?
What design work will I be doing?
* Detailed design drawings with a specialisation in electrical design.
* Prepare technical specifications and schedules and design development reports.
* Plan and manage CAD/Revit documentation of design work.
* Keep senior design team members informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the BuroHappold and the client are achieved.
Outside of design, what else will I do?
* Manage project finances, monitor scope, ensure quality and manage deliverables.
* Plan, organise and manage your workload to ensure that you are meeting client’s expectations.
* Assisting with business development where required.
* Attending client, site and external design team meetings.
More about you...
As an experienced Building Services Engineer, it is expected that you will be able to demonstrate:
* A solid foundation of experience of electrical building services design.
* Experience operating as a lead electrical engineer on projects.
* Experience of supporting more junior engineers and working collaboratively in teams
* Varied sector experience
* Specialism in a particular area of electrical engineering welcomed
* Awareness of Amtech, Dialux, and AutoCAD preferred, Revit highly desirable.
* Bachelors degree (BEng) / BSc or Masters degree (MEng) / MSc or equivalent and professional registration
We offer you a stimulating and challenging environment, excellent scope for progression and the opportunity to work on a wide range of outstanding projects in the UK and further afield. With a plethora of high-profile clients, we can offer an exciting range of work and an excellent personal challenge as we support you to develop your career to new heights.
If you are ready to stretch yourself and progress your engineering career then we would love to hear from you. For more information and a confidential discussion please get in touch with Thomas White in the recruitment team (email@example.com)
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.