10 months ago
Building Performance Engineering
Opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our exceptional Building Performance Engineering (BPE) division and contribute to our growth in Camborne, Cornwall, TR14 0HX. Yes, that’s right, great career opportunity for a building services consultant in Cornwall!
BPE is relatively new to Hydrock but the talent and motivation in our team has enabled them to grow very quickly, from one person five years ago to well over 100 today and it has been and is, an exciting ride, producing some great projects. BPE has recently expanded into Hydrock Camborne, with one of our established Associates relocating from Bristol to take the reins. There are strong ties to both Bristol (where the critical mass of our BPE staff are based) and Plymouth (where we have an established team). Working collaboratively is a cinch, thanks to being a national cost centre and having the latest tech.
Hydrock is an independently owned multi-disciplinary consultancy, with over 400 staff, operating out of 16 offices. It is one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of well-being. It’s our belief that by creating the right environment we inspire the delivery of amazing results for our clients. You can check out our values here. Our highly-successful business is currently growing at 15% per annum.
You might also be interested to know that you will be sharing the office with Transportation and Geo-Environmental colleagues, just off the A30, less than two miles from the coast.
Core job functions
* Supporting or leading on a number of projects
* Early stage strategic input to design from site appraisal/feasibility stage
* Detailed design to construction status information
* Liaison with design team, statutory authorities and contractors
* Undertake site surveys and inspection work
* Mentoring and development of junior staff.
The person we seek
* A proven Senior Electrical Engineer, with a strong track record in the UK
* An articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills
* Ambitious and dynamic, you enjoy change and variety
* Positive outlook and self-motivated
* Someone who believes in our values and wishes to be part of Hydrock and contribute to our success.
What you can expect at Hydrock
Opportunities to develop and progress on merit and to have a say in how we do things. Inspired and motivated colleagues. A broad, interesting, responsible role, with great emphasis on quality.
The remuneration package will include a competitive salary, 5% employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits.
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer.