about 1 year ago
Building Performance Engineering
Opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our thriving Building Performance Engineering team, based in Manchester M2 4DN. This is a relatively new multidisciplinary office that has already developed into a team of over 20 Building Performance Engineering, Structural, Transportation and Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental staff. Our new office on Albert Square is open plan and up high, with plenty of natural light and views of the city - a good space to work in and feel good.
Hydrock is a market leader and an exceptional employer, as recognised in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For. We believe in looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment.
You can expect exceptional colleagues to work with and learn from and an interesting variety of challenging and sometimes prestigious projects. Recent examples include Kirklees College, the Manchester Life development, UK Hydrographic Office, Stockport College, Dyson Hullavington Airfield Campus, ESFA Schools, large scale renewable energy production and multiple high profile residential schemes across the UK.
Core job functions
* Supporting or leading on a number of projects at any one time (typically up to five projects at differing stages)
* Early stage strategic input to design from site appraisal stage
* Detailed design to construction status information
* Liaison with design team, statutory authorities and contractors
* Undertake site surveys and inspection work
* Mentoring and development of junior staff is a key part of the role.
* A self-starter who is tenacious in concluding tasks
* An articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills
* Someone with ambition who is dynamic and enjoys change and variety
* Good sense of humour and self-motivated.
Please apply to be considered and to explore a genuinely exciting new development in building services consultancy.
This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits.
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer.