about 1 year ago
Senior Electrical Engineer
Capita are currently looking to appoint an Assistant Electrical Engineer who shall be given the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across our Real Estate and Infrastructure division.
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Following years of continued success and growth in Capita’s Water and Environment team, we are expanding our teams across all levels to support our delivery of a variety of projects in the Rivers and Coastal sector whilst supporting our Water, Rail, Highways and Tunnels divisions. Our key clients include the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and other leading national and international infrastructure providers.
The Capita infrastructure division delivers projects in the UK and across the globe. We have successfully delivered many high-profile projects including the award-winning Newhaven Flood Alleviation Scheme, Dalmuir Wastewater Treatment Works in Scotland and the £400M Shatin-Central Link Cross-Harbour Tunnels in Hong Kong. Our pipeline of opportunities includes some of the most exciting major infrastructure projects in Europe, including HS2 Phases 1 and 2 and the Oosterwelt Link Immersed Tube Tunnel in Belgium.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our expansion process and to help Capita maintain and grow our position as a leading supplier of engineering and environmental services.
The Role & Responsibilities
Capita are looking to appoint a Senior Electrical Engineer who shall work on a variety of projects, mainly within the water industry throughout the UK. We are seeking a degree qualified Electrical Engineers who are preferably chartered with the IET.
The work is predominantly water-related including non-infrastructure and infrastructure related schemes. This includes wastewater treatment and associated pumping as well as water supply, treatment, and transfer systems. There is, however, a degree of building services work including small power, lighting, electrical distribution and security and fire alarm systems.
The successful applicant will join the water and M&E team working for the Lead Engineer within a developed small team environment involved in a wide-ranging role which could include (project dependent) design, bid preparation, specification and tender preparation, site asset surveys, energy efficiency green development strategies as well as part-time site supervisory roles on both clean and waste water construction sites schemes. The candidate will note there may be a requirement for some work out of the home base area in remote areas, and as such personal transport is considered a pre-requisite.
Reporting to the Lead Engineer the successful applicant will be responsible for working within the water team provide a complete mechanical/electrical/civil solution within tight timescales and to tight budgets. There are significant long-term opportunities for career progression for the right person.
The successful applicant responsibilities shall potentially include, noting this to be project dependent, the following:-
* Electrical design.
* Bid preparation.
* Report production.
* Specification and tender preparation.
* Site asset surveys.
* Energy efficiency green development strategies as well as part-time site supervisory roles.
* Liaison with operations and maintenance staff on site.
* Able to ensure compliance with current industry standards and to work with all stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes.
* Able to produce clear and concise written documentation for operational staff who undertake ongoing operation and maintenance of plants.
* BEng or MEng in Electrical Engineering.
* Able to demonstrate an understanding of electrical design within the water industry (both wastewater and clean water structure) including an understanding of operation and control functions within MCC panels as well as ICA equipment. The applicant shall be able to carry out electrical design and cable calculations as well as having an understanding of control and automation systems.
* Knowledge in HV systems would be beneficial.
* An understanding of Health and Safety, DSEAR and HAZOP requirements, including safety requirements within the water industry.
* Ability to understand P&IDs and be able to produce single line diagrams for electrical distribution systems as well as have experience in producing electrical specifications. Evidence of this will be required at interview.
* Evidence of continual CPD development within the water and electrical sectors are considered essential.
* Good communication skills and computer literacy including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft projects are all considered essential and the candidate will be requested to show previous examples of such skills.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development are not optional extras: they are how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as a generous basic salary we also provide a company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.