over 2 years ago
Senior Electrical Engineer
Requisition ID :2020-73382
Work Location :GB-Lanarkshire-Glasgow
Department / Discipline : Electrical Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Europe & Africa Downstream Business are seeking Senior Electrical Engineer's to support on a large Pharmaceutical EPC Framework Project. This is a permanent staff position based in our Bellshill Office, Glasgow
Purpose / Role
* Perform the duties of a Senior Electrical Engineer within the Electrical Discipline
Key aims and objectives
* Execute project electrical engineering activities (Study, Concept, Front End Engineering Development, & Detailed Design)
* Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery.
* Deputise for the Principal Electrical Engineer as required
* Assist coaching and mentoring junior team members within the electrical function.
Responsibilities and duties
* Possess demonstrable knowledge in the field of electrical engineering.
* Maintain the required technical quality of work
* Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
* Assist in assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
* Achieve high safety standards
* Carry out work in accordance with company and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
* Assist estimating and scheduling of workscopes
* Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
* Ensure that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
* Assist in maintaining planning and cost control on all scopes
* Maintain good communication with the client and other stakeholders
* Maintain discipline filing system
Skills / Qualifications
* MSc, MEng or equivalent professional qualification or BSc, BEng or equivalent with extensive relevant experience or HNC / HND or equivalent with relevant considerable experience in electrical engineering.
* Proven experience in a similar role
* Chartered Engineer and member of appropriate engineering institution
* Experience gained within Pharmaceuticals; however Building Services/ Oil & Gas backgrounds shall be considered.
* Good knowledge of process related industries.
* Knowledge of COMAH and CDM regulations
* Experience operating in a Workshare environment
Role Specific Skills:
* HV and LV systems, including protection and distribution.
* Knowledge of Uninterruptible Power Systems
* Experience of substation design and integration.
* Lighting, Trace Heating and Small Power design.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.