6 months ago
Atkins are one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and have been voted as a Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work for 2015.
Our Infrastructure business has been successful in securing a number of multi million pound design frameworks within the UK Water Industry between 2015 and 2020, including several that extend longer than this.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Mechanical, Electrical & Process team in the Peterborough office. You will join an established team of mechanical, electrical and process engineers, delivering technical advice, consultancy support, outline design and detailed design work across multimillion pound design frameworks and direct to water sector clients. We will also be providing engineering expertise to a wide range of UK and international clients in water and environmental related projects - but outside of the regulated UK Water Industry.
You will be expected to be the electrical design lead on large multidisciplinary schemes, and have the knowledge and experience to act as Lead Design Engineer on smaller projects. The ideal candidate will be able to innovate and challenge standard practices. We want a great communicator who can integrate well and who sees beyond the standard approach to design delivery. An experienced engineer who can embrace and complement our culture of technical excellence, and inspire and mentor our junior engineers.
• Candidates must be Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering
• A chartered engineer
• Proven track record of electrical discipline lead in multi-disciplinary design projects. Lead Design Engineer experience would be an advantage
• Demonstrable experience within the water engineering sector with experience in both wastewater and water preferable
• Proven understanding of the design process and ability to demonstrate working knowledge of brief/scope documents, design concepts as well as significant experience technically i.e. calculations
• Experienced in production/input to design risk assessments and familiar with relevant HSE legislation
• A desire to embrace new ways of working, technically innovate, and share knowledge.
The role of a Senior Electrical Engineer within the MEP stream will require the individual to undertake the following duties:
• Project Health and Safety including H&S project plans, site visit risk assessments & CDM awareness
• Technical input into optioneering, scoping, feasibility studies, outline and detailed design projects as well as support as required to other members of the project team
• Production of electrical, control and instrumentation design documentation and drawings
• Technical report writing
• Adherence to company policies and standards when delivering projects
• Develop opportunities through close liaison with both internal and external Clients
• A strong team ethic, willing to share knowledge and ideas within technical networks
• Positive outlook and approachable manner.
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
• Ability to mentor and develop others