about 1 month ago
Requisition ID: 228306
Position: Senior Electrical Designer
No. of positions: 2
* Plans and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines. Good knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to the discipline
* Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques.
* Provides technical direction and assigns work to designers and drafters who assist on specific assignments.
* Ensures compliance with approved design standards in own work and by those assigned, to provide quality design.
* Skill in reading, interpreting and using related documents and drawings prepared by other project groups.
* High self-motivation, ability to work with minimum direction. Seeks out support from colleagues as needed.
* Ability to present design issues clearly to customers and suppliers
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and ensure clarity and quality of documentation.
* Must be competent and able to expediently work in a culturally diverse, interactive, and productive team environment, uphold the company’s ethics and leadership covenants and apply the company’s highest standards of quality to all facets of the work including technical and administrative aspects.
* The Designer must be computer literate with the latest range of office automation tools (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-Point etc.)
Specific Position Duties/Responsibilities:
The Designer shall report to the Lead Electrical Engineer.
The designer shall be required to perform electrical physical design including cable trench/raceway design, equipment location and layout, conduit and aboveground raceway design, preparation of cable schedules, design of lighting, grounding layout, grounding designs/calculations, and lightning protection systems on Oil/Gas/Petrochemicals projects. The designer’s responsibilities include the production and standardization of physical design and other standard deliverables related to physical design of electrical power distribution systems.
Examples of documentation and required skills include:
* Layout drawings for electrical equipment
* Underground raceway (ductbank)
* Above ground tray and conduit
* Raceway supports and hangers
* Grounding and Lightning Protection
* Hazardous area classification and associated physical design criteria
* Preparation of 3D electrical model
In an interface role the Engineer shall coordinate design, material and tie-ins for particular services across multiple disciplines.
Key Technical skills:
* Proficient in use of Smartplant suite of tools (SP3D and SPF), Microstation and Smartsketch
* Experience in use of cable scheduling and management software
* Experienced in creation of MTOs (Material takeoffs) and management of electrical bulk material quantities on EPC projects
* Knowledge of SPEL is an advantage.
The position is primarily based in our London office, but may require overseas travel on business visits.
Candidates should have the right to work in the UK and be able to travel internationally on a business trip and assignment basis.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.