6 months ago
Job Title : Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Location : Oxford
Category : Building Services Engineering
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Competitive
Reference # : RG1647
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Are you an experienced Electrical Design Engineer looking to take that next step in your career? Do you want to work on exceptionally varied and diverse projects?
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our significantly experienced and talented Engineering Team based at our idyllic headquarters offices with over 150 staff in the grounds of Blenheim Palace – Oxford.
Our client list includes Formula One teams, Education, commercial, retail, industrial, leisure and many more. As a Senior Electrical Engineer at Ridge, you will be exposed to many sectors and many cultures. Building services engineers design, install and maintain the services that are needed to allow the building to do what it's designed to.
Senior Electrical Engineer duties include:
• Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
• Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
• Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
• Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
• Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
• Designing site-specific equipment as required
• Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
• Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
What we need from you:
To be successful in this role you will have an accredited Building Services degree or higher educational qualification and significant experience in a similar role. Ideally chartered or working towards chartered engineer status with a suitable institution. You will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between our clients and our highly skilled project teams. You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating a high-level diligence and organisational skills.
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. We actively challenge and continuously improve our performance by investing in the training and development of our people.
And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
• 25 days holiday
• Company car allowance
• Private Healthcare
• Life Assurance
• Pension: Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
• Highly competitive salary
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy with over 600 people. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Expert Witness & Advisory Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental and Town & Country Planning. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from affordable housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental and ISO18001 Health & Safety. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 600 people in 11 offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
Closing Date : 17th August 2019