7 months ago
Senior Ecologist (International projects), UK
Office Location: UK
Salary: Competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits
Discipline team: Ecology
SLRs well established and respected ecology team provides support to a wide range of clients and projects across the UK but also overseas. The development of our overseas work and increasing workloads in this area has created an exciting opportunity for an experienced ecologist to join us and be part of our development of this business stream.
We have an established international workload in renewables, infrastructure and industry working for clients such as EBRD (Lender) and Georgian State Electrictrosystem (GSE). We have worked recently and continue to work in Georgia, Bosnia and West Africa.
The nature of the projects also means that the role will involve working for extended periods of time overseas (typically blocks of up to 3 weeks at a time ), sometimes with significant travel, working in challenging conditions and to tight deadlines.
We seek to appoint an individual with experience of working on international projects in similar locations
The successful candidate would be joining an employee owned, highly successful, international multi-disciplinary consultancy with a long established ecological presence in the UK.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As well as assisting with UK ecology consultancy projects, the position will involve undertaking and managing international projects (and organisation/management of subcontractors undertaking these projects), including surveys such as: habitat (EUNIS or equivalent), aquatic, ornithological and faunal surveys. This will also include interpreting survey requirements on site and communicating results, implications and actions to clients, regulators and subcontractors as they arise.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIEs
* Working closely with and supporting our international lead on projects from proposal stage through to full project delivery and reporting.
* Write and understand survey requirements, and can demonstrate experience of habitat (EUNIS or equivalent), aquatic, ornithological and faunal surveys.
* Communicate survey requirements to in country “experts”.
* Work with in-country experts to provide baseline reports.
* Organize own logistics for travel to site etc and be happy to travel alone if required.
* Depending on level of knowledge input to the ESIA, including PR/PS6 assessments.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
* Demonstrable Ecological Consultancy experience including surveying/working with protected species and vegetation mapping methodology, and all associated report preparation.
* Experience within a range of sectors including renewables and infrastructure.
* A good understanding of Lenders Requirements PR6 and PS6.
* Working knowledge of the ESIA process, and biodiversity impact assessment.
* Relevant degree level qualification plus appropriate level of membership of CIEEM or equivalent.
* Full driving licence and Current passport.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.