about 1 year ago
Title : Senior EC&I Engineer
Requisition ID :2018-31093
Work Location :GB-Gloucester, Gloucestershireshire-Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Electrical
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
It’s a great time for you to join us.
Wood is growing its offices in Gloucester, Gloucestershire and Bristol on the back of significant opportunities in the nuclear new build and existing generation programmes. We are winning new contracts and want you to join our team. We are a professional, friendly and supportive team, who can offer exciting development opportunities across a range of projects. The south west of England is dynamic and thriving environment in which to take your next step in your career.
We’re looking for people
Who have experience or transferrable skills into the nuclear industry or other highly-regulated industries. Whether you’re beginning your career or already operating at a senior level, we’d like to meet with you and discuss the exciting opportunities on offer.
We are a people business
People are at the heart of Woods business. We work together to deliver the best outcome for our customers and we're united by our values of Care, Commitment and Courage. As well as aspiring to technical excellence, we are also passionate about diversity and inclusion: We are members of Women in Science and Engineering (WISE), have signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant and have trained Mental Health Champions in all our nuclear offices. We also have a Technical support network in the nuclear business, through the Head of Profession network. This enables planned progression and support to undertake roles aligned to the current and future nuclear generation assets.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Control and Instrumentation Engineer with extensive experience in the nuclear industry or other highly regulated industry.
* Successful execution of high quality engineering work to time, quality, budget and customer satisfaction
* Demonstrates focus on customer care, committed to delivering on promises
* Carries out feasibility/option studies and to provide cost-effective design solutions to customers’ challenges
* Anticipates technical risks associated with own projects and discusses how to manage these with Responsible Engineer or Team Leader
* Acts as Responsible Engineer for small tasks where appropriately qualified
* Maximises the profitability of all work by providing accurate estimates of engineering work for proposals/ tenders, managing small engineering tasks within associated project budgets and ensuring that it is carried out efficiently and effectively
* Maintains and develops successful working relationships with existing contacts in client organisations
* Maintains a technical knowledge and competence in a field of expertise, which is recognised by clients, and seeks to develop skill portfolio
* Works in a safe and sustainable manner and strives for continuous improvement in these areas
* Ensure successful delivery of high quality engineering works to time, quality, budget and customer satisfaction
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree qualified, Chartered engineer with a relevant professional body (or working towards)
* Demonstrable technical EC&I knowledge and experience
* Experience of a consultancy environment specifically focused on process plant, control & instrumentation and associated safety case in a highly regulated industry
* Familiar with the working of the Office for Nuclear regulation (ONR) or equivalent industry regulator and familiar with the ONR Safety Assessment Principles
* Knowledge of Civil nuclear plant systems, structures and component and associated design and assessment guidelines a distinct advantage
* Experience of SMART instruments, Software and Hardware Equipment Qualification techniques or Cyber Security an advantage
* Can contribute to the development of Safety Critical Systems and associated Safety Case
* Familiar with requirements management
* Maintains a developing knowledge of products and services available in the marketplace to support design concepts
* Familiar with the application of BS61508, BS61513, BS61511 or derivatives thereof
* Is flexible to travel to various sites around the UK for both long and short durations
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations. You can also buy up to an additional week’s holiday and we also have a time off in lieu system. We are also introducing enhanced payment of family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* We are introducing private healthcare for all staff.
* Flexible benefits are also being introduced where you can have access to travel insurance, critical illness cover, dental benefit, childcare vouchers, cycle to scheme and more.
* International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as group income protection and life assurance benefit.
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
JOIN US ON THE JOURNEY
You can also come along to our open event, bring a copy of your CV if possible:
DATE: 6 November 2018
VENUE: Gloucester, Gloucestershire Guildhall (Blue Coat Room)
TIME: 2 - 8pm
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.