7 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are currently recruiting for a Senior EC&I Designer to support the Clean Energy business unit, Unit, from our offices in Birchwood, Warrington. The Senior Designer will support the discipline Lead or Responsible Engineer with the management, direction and coordination of the Project Engineering work and interrelation with Project discipline teams. The Senior Designer is also responsible for implementing Engineering Procedures and maintaining the required standards of technical quality in the project work.
Our team is looking for a “right first time” approach and as such, we seek candidates who can rise to the challenge of being part of an innovative and driven team and are capable of efficient and timely production of quality discipline deliverables.
The senior designer shall be capable of developing the following:
* Block Cable Diagrams
* Schematic Drawings
* Wiring Drawings
* General Arrangements
* Panel Layout Drawings
* Typical installation Drawings
* Instrument Loop Drawings (via AVEVA)
* Instrument Hook-Up drawings (via AVEVA)
* Instrument Mounting/Frame Drawings
The candidate shall be fully capable of developing designs based on AutoCAD blocks.
The particular candidate shall be capable of developing General Arrangements, based on equipment data sheets and Schematic Diagrams, selecting appropriate panel sizes and external layout of equipment and indicators/controls. The candidate shall be capable of working without any direct supervision, with input from Principal and Senior Engineers into their designs.
Skills / Qualifications
* Minimum 5 years’ experience of working within a highly regulated industry, 2 of which must have been gained within the nuclear industry.
* Developing and designing Drawings and designs.
* Must have good knowledge of process instrumentation.
* Must have an excellent knowledge of electrical panel design processes.
* Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
* Knowledge of AVEVA Instrumentation and AVEVA Electrical shall be advantageous.
* Candidates shall be required to have or be able to gain a P1 pass however, this is not mandatory.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.