10 months ago
RPS Transport Specialists have a long-established record of successfully delivering infrastructure solutions in connection with both new and existing developments. Specialising in the delivery of high quality multidisciplinary services, including engineering design, environment and planning for projects across all sectors.
The Bristol Infrastructure Design team wish to recruit a drainage-focused Senior Drainage Engineer - Infrastructure Design.
Being part of a small team, this will see you taking a pivotal role in supporting the establishment and growth of an engineering/infrastructure design presence in the Bristol office, leading detailed drainage designs and providing sound related technical advice, and actively responsible and contributing to a diverse range of projects across several work sectors throughout the project life cycle.
This role represents you with an excellent opportunity to become part of a friendly, people-focused and influential team within RPS and has significant potential for future progression within the company.
Main responsibilities for the Senior Drainage Engineer – Infrastructure & Design are:
• Production of private and adoptable drainage, building drainage and SUDS designs for planning, approval and construction purposes for development projects, highway & drainage schemes, regeneration projects, street works, and public realm
• Production of drainage strategies for planning and feasibility purposes
• Client and design team liaison
• Project management
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:
• Knowledge and ability to provide lead technical input in the design of drainage works for development related schemes, coupled with a desire to take responsibility for producing drainage design packages and related work activities
• HNC or BEng Civil Engineering and ideally at or nearing Chartered or Incorporated status with a relevant professional body (e.g. ICE, CIHT, CIWEM)
• Working knowledge and able to apply the principles, design codes and standards set out in the SuDS Manual, Sewers for Adoption and Building Regulations
• Working knowledge of legal, planning and technical consent processes, and adoption and contract procedures for the provision of sewers and SUDS including Section 104, 106, 185 procedures
• Working knowledge of Microdrainage or similar drainage design packages
• Preferably from a Consultancy background, but demonstrably sound drainage design experience from any background would be considered
Additionally, a working knowledge of highway and general development principles including familiarity with Section 38/278 procedures, utilities coordination/diversion, Manual for Streets, DMRB, Local Authority Design Guides and other design and regulatory standards would be a significant advantage, but is not essential
What we can offer you
Competitive base salary, 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, share and pension schemes, life assurance, group disability, one professional membership covered yearly, ongoing CPD, cycle to work scheme, option to buy up to 5 extra days holiday, BUPA MOT Health check
About RPS Group
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,600 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
To apply, simply send a CV and covering letter via the Apply button above