8 months ago
Based in central Cambridge near the railway station, Thales e-Security, a world-leader in data security solutions, provides companies everything they need to protect and manage their data and scale easily to new environments and requirements. The business provides vital, trusted crypto security systems to companies all over the world including to 19 out of 20 of the world’s largest banks, high profile technology companies and a multitude of well-known companies.
Our DevOps capability is global in reach, spanning multiple countries and time zones. Our global DevOps team is dedicated to the innovation, development and support of the common and shared Continuous Integration systems and development tools across multiple products and technologies.
A fully agile approach is used in development with engineers working in small teams of six to eight.
* Innovate, develop and improve the Continuous Integration (build, test, release) systems for a complex, cross-platform codebase and multiple projects
* Automate configuration and deployment of build, test and tooling services utilising Infrastructure/configuration as code, monitoring and DevOps practices
* Improve reliability, stability and performance of the CI systems
* Become expert in internal systems and provide support to the software and test teams
* A large community of Software and Test engineers
* Engineering Managers
Technical & Professional Skills
* Educated to degree level or equivalent, in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other relevant discipline.
* Significant experience of POSIX - Linux/UNIX system administration, maintenance and monitoring
* Knowledge of secure AWS EC2 hosting, VPC, ELB and S3 storage
* Detailed understanding of Continuous Integration/Delivery practices (build, test & release pipeline system design and infrastructure) and tools (such as Bamboo, Jenkins etc.)
* Experience of version control systems & their administration (preferably Git)
* Experience with Shell scripting and Python
* Knowledge of remote configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible)
* Knowledge of containerisation technologies (Kubernetes, Docker)
* Experience setting up tool chains (such as GNU, Clang etc.), build systems (such as make, CMake, Gradle etc.) and test frameworks (such as xUnit, JUnit, Cucumber etc.)
* Experience as a software developer working on a complex, cross-platform codebase (POSIX - Linux/UNIX) using C/C++ (Java optional) including writing of automated tests and making releases
Personality & Behaviours
* Good communication skills, a strong team player, able to work effectively in a high-performing agile team environment
* The ability to analyse complex technical problems and offer innovative, reasoned and practical solutions to demanding requirements
* Systematic attention to detail
In line with Thales' security requirements, candidates will be asked to achieve baseline security level clearance, and provide proof of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment/education history for the past 3 years.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!