11 months ago
AutoReq ID 135356BR
Job Title Senior DevOps Engineer - Solutions & Digital
Country United Kingdom
Function Solutions & Digital
Service Line Lighthouse
Service Line Information
KPMG Overview Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Joining the growing CloudOps team in our TechSolutions business, the DevOps Engineer is responsible for development operations, server and user administration, and code deployment for KPMG’s back end cloud applications and products. The DevOps Engineer will develop infrastructure as code and templates for new cloud-based environments, respond to DevOps and Cloud tickets, oversee deployment and configuration tools, manage cloud resources, manage users, manage access to environments, etc. The DevOps engineer will work on public clouds: AWS and Azure platforms.
- Build and Administer instances and services in the public cloud for Development, QA, and Production environments.
- Script, test and deploy new versions of environments and target infrastructures.
- Support development and QA across various projects to satisfy their day to day needs.
- Study and implement new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance.
- Develop tools and services useful in DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scripts.
- Create documentation of current and newly implemented environments with associated troubleshooting steps.
- Windows configuration, management and administration (IIS).
- Linux configuration, management and administration.
- Familiarity with Amazon cloud solutions and architectures (EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, RDS, CloudWatch, SES, SQS, ). Hands-on experience highly desired.
- Familiarity with Azure Cloud Solutions and architectures (Windows VM’s, Web Apps, SQL Database, Document Store, BI stack, Virtual Network, Azure AD).
- Understanding of network protocols throughout the 3-7 OSI layers.
- Continuous integration and source control (TeamCity/Bamboo/Jenkins, Git/Stash).
- Basic software development skills/experience. Scripting experience a bonus.
- Security concepts, protocols and configuration (authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI).
- A strong technical foundation in enabling agile build, release and environment management.
- Comfortable with high level architecture and hands on delivery.
- User or administrator experience with any/all of Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo), Ansible, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, New Relic, TrendMicro.
- AWS certified DevOps and/or Architect.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong and demonstrated team working experience.
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Strong educational background with a degree preferably in Computer Science or related.
Flexible Working While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
At KPMG, we recognise that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand and appreciate that those with experience who have taken a career break still have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Developer, Database, SQL, Quality Assurance, Cloud, Technology