4 months ago
Requisition ID: 195304
Work Area: development
Expected Travel: 0-10%
Career Status: professional
Employment Type: permanent full time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Does enabling engineers to be productive make you excited? Do you believe happy engineers make productive engineers? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we hope you will continue reading and consider joining us either remotely or in our office at Maidenhead!
We're a tools and automation team that codes to solve problems for numerous engineering teams within SAP Concur. We're a team of software engineers within the Developer Platform organization with one common goal - to meet engineers where they are and partner with them along the journey. We're looking to expand our highly skilled team in Maidenhead with a like-minded, talented, motivated, and innovative engineer to help that goal even further.
Working in the Developer Platform team at SAP Concur, you will collaborate with highly skilled engineers across different disciplines to plan, implement, and deliver innovative change.
To be successful, you will want to be proficient in
* Reverse Engineering
* Automating, Automating, Automating
* Algorithm design
* Distributed systems
* Cloud Native Infrastructure
* Linux and Windows Operations
* Continuous Learning
* Doing the right thing through fast iteration
* 3+ years operating in end to end teams, including support of live operations
* Desired skills include 7+ years of proficiency in a few modern programming languages, databases, and modern software delivery practices
* Experience of any of the following will also be advantageous:
* Docker on Linux & Windows
* Amazon Web Services
* A general understanding of scalable and secure design patterns for the Cloud
* Technical curiosity and passion for teaching besides learning
* Be able to work in a geographically diverse work force
* Participating in a fully agile software development team, collaborating with product owners to prioritize requirements and with a focus on delivering small chunks of functionally complete software in an iterative sprint cycle
* A Devops oriented approach, creating and maintaining delivery pipelines that support continuous integration and deployment into production and actively monitoring, assessing and tweaking the health of those services
* A quality focused mind-set, being able to analyse and mitigate risk in the system and recognizing that quality is owned by every member of the agile team. Being able to implement automated tests at all applicable levels (unit, integration, end to end) using a range of technologies
* Ability to pass background check
About SAP Concur
SAP Concur offers cloud-based & mobile services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. By connecting data, applications and people, SAP Concur delivers an effortless experience and total transparency into spend wherever and whenever it happens. Huge demand to drive innovation across all regions means our Agile teams are growing globally. Our R&D lab in Maidenhead has a dynamic, fun and friendly atmosphere where intelligence and creativity can shine within an innovative technical environment. With a core value of “Hire, Develop and Reward Great People”, we offer competitive salaries, up to 10% bonus, flexibility in working hours, private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Critical Illness cover, 6% or 8.75% pension, SAP Shares Option, 25 days holiday plus an optional 4 extra days off to work at a charity or not-for-profit organisation of your choice. We're also proud to be named Top 10 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
ERP, Engineer, Developer, SAP, Linux, Technology, Engineering