8 months ago
Joining the growing Cloud Engineering team in our Technology & Engineering Division, the DevOps Engineer is responsible for development operations, server and user administration, and code deployment for KPMG’s back end cloud applications and products. The DevOps Engineer will develop infrastructure as code and templates for new cloud-based environments, respond to DevOps and Cloud tickets, oversee deployment and configuration tools, manage cloud resources, manage users, manage access to environments, etc. The DevOps engineer will work on public clouds: AWS and Azure platforms.
• Build and Administer instances and services in the public cloud for Development, QA, and Production environments.
• Script, test and deploy new versions of environments and target infrastructures.
• Support development and QA across various projects to satisfy their day to day needs.
• Study and implement new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance.
• Develop tools and services useful in DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scripts.
• Create documentation of current and newly implemented environments with associated troubleshooting steps.
• Windows configuration, management and administration (IIS).
• Linux configuration, management and administration.
• Familiarity with Amazon cloud solutions and architectures (EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, RDS, CloudWatch, SES, SQS, ). Hands-on experience highly desired.
• Familiarity with Azure Cloud Solutions and architectures (Windows VM’s, Web Apps, SQL Database, Document Store, BI stack, Virtual Network, Azure AD).
• Understanding of network protocols throughout the 3-7 OSI layers.
• Continuous integration and source control (TeamCity/Bamboo/Jenkins, Git/Stash).
• Basic software development skills/experience. Scripting experience a bonus.
• Security concepts, protocols and configuration (authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI).
• A strong technical foundation in enabling agile build, release and environment management.
• Comfortable with high level architecture and hands on delivery.
• User or administrator experience with any/all of Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo), Ansible, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, New Relic, TrendMicro.
• AWS certified DevOps and/or Architect.
Qualifications and Skills
• Strong and demonstrated team working experience.
• Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
• Strong educational background with a degree preferably in Computer Science or related.
Cloud, Computer Science, QA, Quality Assurance, Database, Technology, Quality