4 months ago
AutoReq ID 138771BR
Job Title Senior DevOps Engineer
Country United Kingdom
Function Solutions & Digital
Service Line Lighthouse
Service Line Information
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Job Description The Role
Joining the growing CloudOps team in our TechSolutions business, the DevOps Engineer is responsible for development operations, server and user administration, and code deployment for KPMG’s back end cloud applications and products. The DevOps Engineer will develop infrastructure as code and templates for new cloud-based environments, respond to DevOps and Cloud tickets, oversee deployment and configuration tools, manage cloud resources, manage users, manage access to environments, etc. The DevOps engineer will work on public clouds: AWS and Azure platforms.
- Build and Administer instances and services in the public cloud for Development, QA, and Production environments.
- Script, test and deploy new versions of environments and target infrastructures.
- Support development and QA across various projects to satisfy their day to day needs.
- Study and implement new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance.
- Develop tools and services useful in DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scripts.
- Create documentation of current and newly implemented environments with associated troubleshooting steps.
- Windows configuration, management and administration (IIS).
- Linux configuration, management and administration.
- Familiarity with Amazon cloud solutions and architectures (EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, RDS, CloudWatch, SES, SQS, ). Hands-on experience highly desired.
- Familiarity with Azure Cloud Solutions and architectures (Windows VM’s, Web Apps, SQL Database, Document Store, BI stack, Virtual Network, Azure AD).
- Understanding of network protocols throughout the 3-7 OSI layers.
- Continuous integration and source control (TeamCity/Bamboo/Jenkins, Git/Stash).
- Basic software development skills/experience. Scripting experience a bonus.
- Security concepts, protocols and configuration (authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI).
- A strong technical foundation in enabling agile build, release and environment management.
- Comfortable with high level architecture and hands on delivery.
- User or administrator experience with any/all of Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo), Ansible, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, New Relic, TrendMicro.
- AWS certified DevOps and/or Architect.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong and demonstrated team working experience.
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Strong educational background with a degree preferably in Computer Science or related
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Consulting, Developer, Computer Science, Linux, Database, Technology