9 months ago
Do you love helping enterprises on their DevOps transformation journey? Do you have the experience, attitude and energy to collaborate with a team of technical specialists? Are you interested to help us succeed in our vision to become the number one DevOps implementation partner?
In the DevOps Engineer role, you would use your experience balancing the risk of innovative technology with the benefit of its functionality. Your knowledge of DevOps technologies and techniques paired with your technical skills will be used to build best of breed solutions either in a pure PA team, or blended with client people.
Perhaps you have been involved in DevOps implementation in a large programme. It’s likely that everyone in the project comes to you to solve deployment and automation problems. Or potentially you picked up a new technology quickly, assessed its value in your particular delivery and championed its implementation? It's possible you are the person encouraging more junior colleagues, mentoring and supporting them in their DevOps careers.
Due our growth in this area, we are after several highly talented DevOps Engineers like you, to work within our Digital clients. You would see a high level of teamwork and the opportunity to help grow our business capability in this role.
As a DevOps Engineer, you can expect to:
• Set up large DevOps implementations and operating through the full value stream / product lifecycle
• Assess, learn and implement emergent tools such as: Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad, Consul, Vault, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services & Microsoft Azure
• Support complex implementations, using Agile Methods, Scrum, XP and BDD
• Support delivery teams to implement automation as part of an ongoing delivery plan.
• Engage with clients to understand requirements and support their Software process improvement or development transformation plans
• Coach and mentor junior DevOps Engineers
• Collaborate and work with on site as well as outsourced / offshore development teams
• Support the sales life cycle and strategy as well as ensuring sustainability for our clients
• Help drive PA’s DevOps business forward in line with our brand and high-level business plan
In the role, you will be exposed to:
• Cloud Technology (GCP, AWS)
• Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)
Much of our client work is based in London for the Digital Engineering & DevOps capability. We do work with clients across the UK and further afield, so if you are looking for opportunities for travel do let us know. We also appreciate work life balance so understand if you have dedications that do not allow you to travel out of London on a regular-basis. Please make us aware of your expectations during the interview process.
The Digital Practice would offer you a competitive salary, as well as a performance-based bonus, Private Health Care, Life Assurance and a rewarding Pension Scheme.
About PA Consulting Group
PA Consulting Group is a leading management, IT and technology consulting firm. Independent, award-winning and employee-owned, we operate globally in more than 30 countries and transform the performance of major organisations in both the private and public sectors.
From initial idea generation and strategy development through to detailed implementation, we deliver significant and tangible results to our clients through our creative thinking and in-depth sector expertise.
We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s success, and regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.