12 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Would you like to work on a platform of 100 billion devices? We’re designing a platform to manage devices, securely. While we’ve already matured a solid foundation of carrier-grade services, this is a greenfield opportunity to build an elegant and responsive overall product. Retaining enterprise grade elastic and high scalability/availability, with no compromise on security, our solutions underpin Arm’s position as a market leading provider in this space.
Our technology is on the cutting edge of the enterprise and cellular grade Internet of Things, with comprehensive support of multiple access technologies, we’re on our way to connecting a trillion devices. We believe that in the future, all devices will be connected, with no compromise on quality, security or privacy. We’re excited to speak to software engineers who believe in high quality software development processes and principles to join us.
This opportunity would be based in our Belfast site in Northern Ireland, the core technology site for services and platform R&D.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Arm, you will:
* Ensure that our services are always operational, by operating in the fine line between development and operations
* That best practices for deployments are applied, by developing and maintaining an in depth understanding of what we have already done and are aiming to do
* Aid other teams in driving out high quality metrics of software quality, using market leading tools
* Automate as much as possible all aspects of integration, deployment, delivery and configuration
* Ensure that services remain healthy with high quality orchestration and checks
* Have an expert understanding of IaaS providers, such as Amazon Web Services and IBM Bluemix, with extensive experience of an IaaS provider
* Strong and proven experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
* Strong and proven experience with CI/CD principles and methodologies
* Previous experience with GoCD (or similar)
* Mastery of project source code and delivery management, including git, nexus (or similar), gradle, maven and npm
* Previous experience with micro service orchestration management, such as Conductor (or similar)
* Previous experience with IaaS platforms such as AWS and IBM Bluemix (or similar)
* A mastery of software development skills such as weekly agile iterations, stand-ups, strong communication and leadership ability, and the ability to thrive in autonomy
* Ability to drive out operational statistics for other teams such as QA and UX
* Networking, VPN configuration and OSI layer debugging
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
WE NOT I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
PASSION FOR PROGRESS
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
BE YOUR BRILLIANT SELF
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Belfast office is comprised of software developers working in our Systems and Software group developing the provisioning and commissioning capability for our next generation embedded SIM technology. The ARM Belfast office is located in the heart of Belfast city centre a short walk from local shops and restaurants.
Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Suite 212, Arthur House
41 Arthur Street