11 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
We are developing and expanding our capabilities in Assay Tool technologies with a focus on Genomics/Molecular Biology technologies for several areas of the business including Forensics, Customs and Consumables.
We are looking to engage the appropriate expertise to contribute to the technical requirements in these product areas, to work with the Business team to determine project prioritization and evaluate business expansion through other products, including for example digital applications, inorganic growth opportunities etc. Experience relating to Genomic / Molecular Biology workflows in applications, products and Customer needs for Forensics; NGS and Diagnostics would be an advantage.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join our dedicated, motivated and innovative team in Cardiff, UK.
You will be involved in the transition of projects from research to development and manufacture (and product launch) as well as post launch activities such as customer issues and support. You will have experience in and actively participate in a leading role for all aspects of our development projects and strategic initiatives, being capable of lone working but also able to work within and influencing cross-functional teams.
Located at the Cardiff site you will report to the local site R+D Leader. Responsibilities will include:
• Cross-functional project execution including (but not limited to) concept discussion, program execution, Product design, specification, characterisation and analysis for use (primarily) in customer assay applications. Designing and completing appropriate test and characterization procedures, pilot trials, and commercial field delivery. Motivating the team and driving a sense of urgency on meeting program commitments.
• Working with cross functional teams defining and prioritizing the program objectives, critical success factors and deliverables for the team, develop Process Validation and design transfer protocols, project plans and ensure adherence to schedules and project deadlines. Including to drive manufacturing transfer, efficiency and reliability.
• Working with customers to solicit product feedback and leading cross-functional teams to drive customer support. Interacting with customers in procedures involving demonstration and technical support.
• Addressing regulatory issues to enable products that are developed, manufactured or distributed to meet required standards.
• Through a good working knowledge of CAPA systems, resolving and assisting in the closure of deviations initiated during qualification/validation execution. Initiating and implementing change control activities in accordance with site procedures.
• Driving product planning and multi-generational commercial / product / platform roadmap execution, Supporting product evaluation from external opportunities.
• Working with the Business Team and program leadership team to deliver quality customer outcomes on time and within budget.
• We are looking for candidates with vast productive and broad assay experience and Project Leadership experience, preferably with PhD or equivalent.
• Experience of working within a large-scale industrial environment, Diagnostic, CRO or clinical analytical assay setting with working knowledge of Medical Device 13485 or other Quality Systems Management/medical device experience would be beneficial.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Strategic planner and thinker with ability to drive change across the segment projects
• Sound technical and domain experience
• Demonstrated experience on global product releases throughout the entire NPI cycle
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
• Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation
• Demonstrated LEAN skills
Locations: United Kingdom; Cardiff
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.