8 months ago
Senior Development Engineer – Component Engineering
Title: Senior Development Engineer – Component Engineering
Salary Range: £40,096 to £50,000 (Depending on Experience)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Contributory pension scheme- Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme- Caterpillar will matched 50% of the employee's contribution
Sponsorship: Maybe supported with this role
Opening Date for Applications: Monday 16th September 2019
Closing date for Applications: Monday 14th October 2019
IPSD is part of the world-famous Caterpillar organisation and is one of the leading providers of diesel and gas engines. We aim to set standards of engineering excellence, providing the most comprehensive range of innovative and reliable power solutions, tailored to meet the precise requirements of our customers.
As a Senior Engineer, you will have the opportunity to direct and contribute to the detailed design and development of complex engine components and systems from concept through to production, while strengthening your project leadership and problem-solving skills. You will partner with & provide technical guidance to global engineering teams and there may be opportunity for global travel. You will contribute to the plan and lead the delivery of challenging engineering projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor & coach team members, and broaden your professional network. With a global engineering footprint, career development opportunities at Caterpillar are excellent.
This position will be as part of the Component Engineering team within the Engineering department. The team is responsible for all aspects of the design and development of engine systems, sub-systems and components across multiple engine platforms.
The successful candidate will have significant experience of engine, system & component validation and will be tasked with both specification and validation project delivery. A proven track record in delivering engineering projects is essential along with a view to driving "right first time" solutions through the application of rigorous DFMEA's and DVP&R definition.
Job Duties/Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Working within the Component Engineering Aftertreatment team
• Using proven knowledge and experience of substrate and catalyst development, the successful candidate will work with internal specialists and suppliers to size substrates and specify catalyst type and loadings to meet current and future emissions legislation
• The successful applicant will also be accountable for leading the development of the DEF dosing systems required to meet stringent global off-road emissions standards; including tanks, headers, lines, pumps, control modules and injectors. They will also form a critical link back to the system suppliers.
• The candidate will also take responsibility for creation of the DFMEA and DVP&R – including creation and execution of test and project plans working within challenging time, cost and quality targets. This also includes significant liaison with system engineers to ensure robust product development
• Communicate results to customers, suppliers, stakeholders and other business units.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
• A relevant masters degree or significant Aftertreatment development experience
• Knowledge of Aftertreatment / Catalyst development with capabilities in the field of catalyst technology or chemical engineering.
• A practical knowledge of Aftertreatment systems and components covering SCR, DPF, DOC, AMOX/ASC, mixing pipe, DEF pump unit, DEF doser, Dosing Control Unit and Sensors
• Historical knowledge using a selection of modelling and data analysis tools including MATlab/Simulink, AVL boost, GT power and Visual Basic.
• A self-starting mentality with strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities (8D).
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Desired:
• Experience in the use of DFMEA creation, creation of DVP&R, conducting testing and producing technical reports.
• Development and validation of IC Engine related systems, sub-systems and components.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Unposting Date- Oct 15, 2019, 5:59:00 AM
Primary Location- United Kingdom-Cambridgeshire-Peterborough