10 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Passionate about test design and automation in the fast-growing Internet of Things? Join our team and help us build Mbed Cloud, Arm's web service for handling connected devices.
About the team
Our team includes everyone needed to deliver Mbed Cloud's remote software update service: test engineers, web service engineers, embedded software engineers, product and project management. We ship web services, tools and libraries for developers and operators of embedded internet-connected devices. We work in an agile way, with a continual focus on delivering phenomenal features to our customers and on improving how we work. Increasingly we are working in test-driven development style, where tests are designed and delivered alongside features.
What you’ll do
You'll start off learning about our product and our customers, before going on to become an integral member of our development team:
* Crafting tests to model scenarios encountered by our customers.
* Holding "three amigos" sessions to agree validation tests with the developers and product owner.
* Automating tests to validate each new feature we ship, helping the team ship faster and at higher quality.
* Investigating reported issues, and crafting robust regression tests to prevent their return.
* Improving our test tools.
* Working as part of the team in Cambridge, you'll also get to work with mbed Cloud colleagues in Finland and Israel.
* You'll work on functional tests with automation, but there is scope to expand the role in any direction that improves our quality and velocity.
* You're an accomplished test designer, able to expect the unexpected.
* You're able to craft and maintain a test plan for a feature.
* You will be comfortable developing tests and test harnesses in Python.
* Excellent communicator and standout colleague, ideally with experience working alongside developers.
* You love learning and look forward to working with a new product, new tools and techniques.
* Passionate about connected products.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road