about 1 year ago
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
* Royal College of Arts, diploma accredited design training in partnership with the Royal College of Arts the world’s number 1 post graduate arts and design university
* An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
* Privilege card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months’ service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
* A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Buy As You Earn Scheme
* Save As You Earn Scheme
* Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
* Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
About The Job
About the User Experience Design Team In Store shopping experience
Our mission is to be the most helpful we can be to each customer shopping in our stores and to our colleagues who serve them. Meeting their needs through identifying and designing useful, usable and frictionless user experiences, across our physical store estate and the enterprise capabilities. Taking the effort out of shopping In Store, making it simple and more enjoyable to shop with Tesco. Focused on solving the right’ problems in the best way to deliver end to end user experiences that our millions of Customers and Colleagues love and value, earning their trust and loyalty.
The User Experience Design team within the Technology Product Group, is a customer obsessed, data informed and insight driven multi-disciplinary team, of talented and passionate UX and UI Designers and Design Researchers. Working on portfolio of products focused on, but not limited to, the In Store Tesco shopping experience across digital touchpoints. For example, Scan as you Shop devices, self-service checkouts and service areas, shelf edge screens, colleague devices and service screens etc. Helping to push the boundaries of how we deliver the best retail digital experiences and customer service, in our physical store environments and customer engagement centres. To deliver value to the business and our customers.
Applying User Centred Design methods to problem solving throughout the product lifecycle. Collaborating closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Stakeholders, Global Insight teams and wider design teams. Understanding, championing and building empathy for customers and colleagues evolving needs, expectations, motivations and behaviours. Providing the Research and Design to identify user needs and validate hypothesis, delivering evidence based user experiences that are customer centric and support a coherent and compelling brand experience. Working in an agile way, using dual track product discovery and delivery approach to product development.
The Role Senior User Experience Design Researcher
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities:
* The Senior User Experience Design Researcher in our Experience Design team plays a critical role to inform and inspire the user experiences we create across our in store shopping product portfolio at Tesco. At all stages of a products development and in the context of the end to end customer experience. Helping to ensure the user experiences we create are user needs driven, valuable and so easy to use for our customers and colleagues.
* Our in store shopping product portfolio currently includes existing products such as, scan as you shop, self-service checkouts and other service areas, shelf edge screens, colleague devices and service screens etc. Part of the role will be helping through research to identify new opportunities where digital products can innovatively serve our customers in store shopping needs.
* You are a customer champion and build empathy for our users. Helping all members of our product teams and stakeholders to understand the needs, stated and unstated, of our customers shopping In Store and of our colleagues who serve them. Working as part of product teams and collaborating closely with our Global Insights, Service Design and Data teams. Working in an agile way, through dual track discovery and delivery.
* You’ll do this by identifying, conducting and managing primary research, exploring the needs, motivations and behaviours of users through the most appropriate method, such as field visits, ethnography, usability testing, data analysis and contributing to benchmark studies, persona development, surveys etc.
* Analysing and translating primary and secondary research and data in to meaningful and actionable insights and user experience recommendations. That you’ll share in a compelling way, to drive optimisation of the user experience within a product and across our a digital touchpoints in our stores and customer engagement centres.
* This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organized, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind. Who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
* Reports to the UX Design Research Manager in the Global Insights team but is embedded within the Experience Design team for In Store shopping, in Technology, reporting daily in to the Head of Experience Design.
Key Skills and Experience
* Extensive experience of leading, scoping, designing, conducting and contributing to a wide variety of user research and testing across digital touchpoints within the context of a multi-channel journey. Lab studies, remote and field based research, including usability research, remote user studies, ethnography, benchmark studies, persona development and other forms of domain, formative and evaluative research for hardware and software systems.
* Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them.
* Highly skilled in analysing, interpreting and shaping research findings into meaningful and clear actionable insights at pace. Working closely with designers, product manager, engineers, analysts on recommendations to improve the UX.
* Great collaboration skills and experience, working cross functionally with designers, product managers, engineers, other researchers, analytics, wider design teams to solve problems and to prioritize user experience research questions.
* Excellent communicator, both oral and written, with proven ability to influence broadly. Confidently bringing user experience insights and recommendations to life in a clear, concise and compelling way at pace.
* Proven ability working in a fast paced, Product based e-commerce environment, ideally retail with multi-channel experience. In an agile way using a product discovery and delivery approach to product development. Some service design experience would be desirable but not essential as we work with a service design team.
* Experienced in identifying research opportunities by understanding, prioritising and incorporating complex technical and business requirements into user experience design research.
* MA/MSc in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Experimental Psychology or similar is desirable. With 4+ years’ experience as a practitioner in User Experience Design Research.
* Friendly, flexible with ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
* Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
* Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
About the Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world. We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading e-commerce business.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come. If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Digital Innovation Centre in Farringdon, London.