6 months ago
We are looking for a Senior Design Manager to join SkanskaUK in our London office.
As a Senior Design Manager you will lead a team and manage the design process of projects. This role will oversee projects from enquiry, to submission of tenders and thereafter the management of all design related issues through to completion.
• Develop a deliverable design. Interrogate the design brief and tender information, identify and manage the design risks and manage opportunities
• Develop complete, and coordinated design information at all stages of the project
• Establish the design responsibilities for the design team including contractor responsibilities
• Work with the commercial team to define the commercial scope for each of the tender packages
• Work within Skanska’s Design Management Plan and consistent management processes.
• Establish and manage the flow of information in conjunction with the BIM and Document Controller, whilst ensuring the maintenance of all records
• Ensure all responsibilities under CDM legislation are identified, assigned and maintained
• Ensure that project design complies with the brief, contract, employers requirements, building control and where appropriate Town Planning legislation and conditions
• Manage any change to, or deviation from the employers requirements and ensure that all contractors proposal are compliant
• Manage the interface between the client, design team, project construction team and specialist sub contractor design teams
• Represent the company at relevant meetings and ensure records are kept
• Review and inspect subcontractor design and production facilities
• Actively instigate and promote production methods which will assist safe and effective construction on site
• Support, coach and mentor other project staff to ensure continuous professional development
We’re Looking for:
• Educated to HNC or Degree Level or Higher Degree (post graduate)
• Experience of managing a design team from preconstruction/tender stage through to completion.
• Experience of working on a variety of projects including commercial and mixed use developments.
• Experience of managing the challenges associated with multi disciplinary teams.
• Understanding of BIM in design and construction phases
• Ability to interrogate construction detailing/ building methodology
• Knowledge of up to date Building Regulations and Planning requirements BREEAM/ other environmental awareness
Our UK-wide building team has built a reputation for high quality in commercial, healthcare, custodial, defence, and education. Our award-winning projects include the Scalpel, Bath Spa University and Barts and the Royal London Hospitals. With such diverse work on our books, you'll be involved in some of the UK’s most important development projects.
We thrive through embracing differences because we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at anytime at the sole discretion of Skanska.
For a full role profile or if you would like to contact me directly to discuss please
* Location: London, United Kingdom
* Schedule: Full-time
* Employee Status: Regular