5 months ago
About the Role:
As a Senior Design Engineer in either civil or mechanical engineering, you would work in a team environment alongside other WSP Engineers, Hydraulic Modellers and Asset Planners in the delivery of wastewater infrastructure projects. Your responsibilities will involve ensuring accurate and efficient delivery of high profile projects for external clients. You will exercise independent engineering judgement and have the opportunity to provide innovative solutions to engineering problems. You will be a proactive and collaborative team member.
The role will enable you to further develop and use your technical civil or mechanical infrastructure skills, applying your expertise to help us continue driving forward in terms of both technical quality and service efficiency.
A typical week would include:
* Delivery of feasibility studies / options development assessments for Wastewater infrastructure.
* Asset Risk Prioritisation Modelling.
* Wastewater Network Design including: Sewer rehabilitation, Pumping stations, Combined Sewer Overflows, Network growth and storage, Rising main design, Drainage experience would be beneficial
* Hydraulic Modelling (desirable though not essential).
* Work closely with Clients to ensure projects are delivered to their expectations in terms of quality, time and budget.
* Undertaking own continuing professional development under guidance from Line Managers and assisting junior staff with same.
* Operating in accordance with WSP and client corporate health and safety, environmental and quality standards.
Successful candidates will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A relevant degree and progression towards qualification with an applicable Professional Institution.
* A good understanding of Asset Management and / or Design within the Water Industry and significant experience in a similar role.
* A proven and demonstrable background of delivering wastewater projects (design and/or asset management) to a high standard.
* A full UK or Irish Driving License is advantageous.
* Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills in English.
* The ability to work on your own initiative on technical matters and provide support to others within the team.
* Good IT skills are paramount (in particular MS Office), as well as the ability to pick up new software.
This role is likely to involve client facing activities, so professionalism and excellent communication skills are a must.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out for more info about the great work we do.
Please note that WSP reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.