11 months ago
Reporting to the Engineering Manager (Fixed Telecoms), the Senior Design Engineer (Rail Fixed Telecoms) undertakes the delivery of the engineering aspects of Fixed Telecoms tenders and projects within agreed timescales and budgeted costs, and is responsible for its contribution to overall business performance.
What are my Responsibilities?
* Delivery of Fixed Telecoms engineering activities to the agreed time, cost, quality and performance requirements.
* Lead Fixed Telecoms engineering tasks to deliver system development and implementation, including sub-contractors where applicable.
* Produce Fixed Telecoms engineering technical and Health and Safety documentation deliverables to meet project requirements.
* Undertake the role of Tester In Charge (TIC) or Test Assistant on Fixed Telecoms Projects supporting the nominated Person In Charge OF Testing (PICOT).
* Undertake role of PICOT on less complex or smaller projects.
* Plan, co-ordinate and manage Fixed Telecoms engineering tasks including resources and equipment in order to deliver tasks effectively and efficiently.
* Regularly report Fixed Telecoms engineering task progress and status.
* Support the provision of estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to engineering resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
* Complete personal and business objectives agreed under the Performance Management Process.
* Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied throughout the engineering life cycle.
* Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered in accordance with Siemens Mobility Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
* Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered and undertaken in accordance with customer Health and Safety procedures and requirements within main line rail, light rail and mass transit environments.
* Identify and report project scope change.
* Maintain and develop good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and Partners.
What experience do I need to apply for this role?
* HNC/HND or equivalent in relevant subject
* Incorporated Engineer or equivalent status.
* IRSE License in relevant category (Telecoms Design)
* Proven experience in Tester In Charge (TIC) role for Safety Related Telecoms and Operational Telecoms projects.
* An engineering background with previous experience in a relevant Fixed Telecoms engineering environment.
* Supervision and delivery of development and implementation project tasks within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environment.
* Proven success leading and motivating a team of Fixed Telecoms engineers for effective design and delivery of telecommunications systems.
* Experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering development, design, construction, test, commissioning and handover.
* Knowledge and application of requirements management.
* Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail environment.
* Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
* Proven experience of supervising delivery of Operational Telecommunications systems engineering activities in the rail environment.
* Proven experience of integrating third party sub-systems into complete solutions.
* Proven experience providing support for estimates for engineering projects and tenders with regard to resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
* System knowledge of:
* Copper Cable
* Optical Fibre Cable
* Lineside Cable Route
* Transmission SDH and PDH
* Network switches and routers
* Modem Systems
* Immunisation Systems
* Signal Post Telephone Concentrator Systems
* PABX Telephony systems
* Voice Over IP
* Lineside Telephony
* Public Emergency Telephone System
* Driver Only Operation (Mirror, CCTV, Monitor)
* Cab Secure Radio
* Uninterruptible Power Supplies
* Charger and Battery Power Supplies
* Rail Signalling System Circuits
* Earthing Systems
* Station Information and Security System CCTV, PA, Help Point
* Knowledge of BS7671 17th Edition wiring regulations desirable.
* Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
* Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
* Strong organisational, time management and problem solving skills.
* Network Rail Personal Track Safety competency.
* Full UK Driving licence.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Requisition ID: 246841
Career Level: not defined
Full time only