about 1 year ago
Senior Design Coordinator - Partnerships - Warrington, Cheshire - (1900003W)
We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 4,700 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
Partnerships & Regeneration
Partnerships represents a fusion of contracting, housing and mixed-use regeneration expertise. We undertake design and build contracting, mixed tenure and speculative development, estate regeneration and property support services nationwide. We work in collaborative long-term arrangements with Registered Providers, Local Authorities and Other stakeholders to build high quality housing and sustainable communities.
We looking for an experienced Senior D&C Coordinator to be based in our office in Warrington, Cheshire.
* Providing a close liaison between pre-tender and contract activities on allocated assignments and to lead and manage the design process, co-ordinating design between the members of the project team utilising allocated staff where appropriate.
* To ensure the Client’s requirements are fully represented in the Consultant’s design and that the works are constructed in accordance with the design, current good practice and within cost parameters, thereby representing best value for both Company and Client.
* To ensure operational teams have accurate, sufficient information to progress the works in accordance with the Employer’s Requirements, programme and
Other pre-determined parameters by managing the Design Team and supervising their functions.
* Create and maintain a culture within the Company whereby everyone is continually seeking to satisfy their customers’ requirements.
* Promote the image, interests, reputation and standing of Galliford Try Partnerships within the business community.
* Contribute to the success of the Company by:-
- Motivating and instructing the Design team.
- Ensuring full research is carried out into methods and materials.
- Constantly reviewing design against tender assessments and allowances.
- Monitoring key cost items against tender allowances.
* Be innovative in developing markets, ideas and opportunities
* Operate to the requirements of the Company Quality System for Design Management.
* Observe general levels of conduct and minimum performance standards as described in the Conditions of Service
Experience and Qualifications:
* Construction/design related further education.
* Construction/design related HNC/HND/Degree.
* Member of Professional Body CIOB/RIBA/RICS.
* Relevant CSCS card.
* New build experience in: Social/affordable Housing sites, Private spec housing, Extra care accommodation, Traditional construction and Timber frame construction
* Various substructure construction methods
* Managing designers and
* Candidates should be proficient with IT (practical experience of an EDMS system would be considered useful), organised and should be able to demonstrate good knowledge of current Regulations and guidelines.
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
Primary Location : Cheshire
Work Locations : Warrington Innovation House Innovation House Daten Park, Birchwood
Warrington WA3 6UT
Job : Design
Organization : Partnerships Division OU 4001
Job Type : Experienced
Job Posting : Feb 11, 2019, 1:39:43 PM