11 months ago
Title : Senior Decommissioning and Demolition Lead
Requisition ID :2018-22790
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Additional Work Location : GB-London
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions are seeking a senior level decommissioning and demolition management professional to help develop our expanding site restoration team. The successful candidate will join our growing world class E&IS team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect.
This is a Senior level position that can be based in any of our offices in the United Kingdom with the following key remit:
* Work with our existing engineers and project planners to produce outline and detailed decommissioning and demolition plans, preparation of contracts and management of site decommissioning and demolition works
* Work with our existing client base to grow our current workload
* Work closely with the UK and European Management Team to identify target clients, develop relationships and grow our decommissioning and demolition work across the UK, Europe and Middle East region, focusing on the Industrial, Power and Oil and Gas Sectors
* Work with the global E&I business to help develop further our global decommissioning and demolition management capability and experience contributing to wider growth in this service area including inputs to key bids
* Work with other areas in the Wood business to develop relationships, share knowledge and expertise and deliver world class solutions for our clients
Skills / Qualifications
* Relevant Engineering degree, and chartered status are required, a post graduate degree preferred
* Significant experience of executing decommissioning and demolition projects across a range of industrial facilities from industrial/commercial manufacturing style facilities through to power stations and oil and gas facilities
* Experience of performing projects either in the Owner Engineer role or as a Turnkey offer to clients including in depth knowledge of various contracting models and commercial approaches – demonstrable capability around identifying and managing key risks
* Experience in the planning, designing and supervision/leading of decommissioning and demolition activities, including a sound knowledge and proven application of relevant health and safety legislation (e.g. CDM 2015) and management via the creation and implementation of safe systems of work
* Experience of developing winning value propositions and leading and winning commercial bids for decommissioning projects across UK/Europe
* Demonstrable record of delivering excellent client facing solutions
* Experience in leading client facing business development activities would be desirable as would existing relationships with key MSA type clients would be an advantage
* Knowledge and experience of any wider E&I service areas would be an advantage – i.e. remediation, permitting, EIAs etc
* The successful candidate must be willing to travel around the UK and Europe
* The successful candidate will be proficient communicator, including communicating technical information effectively verbally and in writing both internally and externally.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.