5 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
As a Senior Data Scientist your responsibility will be to develop business dashboard and analytics to model and improve Sky’s network content protection capabilities, to aid strategic planning and operational readiness:
– Lead the development of advanced analytics algorithms exploiting our rich data assets
– Be responsible for identifying the best analytical techniques, developing the solution, creating a framework for testing the solution and measuring the value to the business from the solutions/vendors.
– Bring together curated data feeds, data science methodologies and network expertise to provide relevant and timely analysis for decision making.
– Develop business dashboard to inform performance levels.
– Work with stakeholders to interpret complex technical analysis and communicate them effectively.
– Strengthen our internal data science capabilities by continuously innovating and driving new ideas, training and developing team members.
– Expertise in multiple advanced analytical areas including Forecasting, Predictive Modelling, Optimisation, Clustering.
– Ability to make sense of data, draw findings and present them in a meaningful way.
– Experience building and deploying advanced analytics solutions in a cloud environment.
– Ability to quickly understand a business objective, problem solving to create an analytical solution and develop a solution alongside stakeholders are essential
– Understand of networking protocols and technologies
– Very good programming skills (ideally in Python) and SQL
– Minimum of 6 years’ experience in the Data Science sector
– Although not essential, a PhD in networks, computer science or similar is desirable.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about