9 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm has a great opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Data Scientist with the ambition to take a crucial role in our diverse and multidisciplinary TSG Engineering Analytics / Data Science team.
Arm's advanced and energy-efficient technologies are at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate.
Development of these technologies is based on ever more complex workflows producing vast amounts of data. Using data science / machine learning, our team exploits these data to enable data-driven decisions, reduce product costs, time-to-market and improve technology quality and efficiency and effectiveness of workflows.
The Arm Technology Services Group (TSG) is responsible for ensuring that we have a deep understanding of both the Arm engineering infrastructure and workflows that run on top of it. TSG achieves this by applying a mixture of data science and machine learning, data engineering and data visualisation disciplines to a variety of complex and mainly engineering problems.
Are you an analytical thinker, someone with experience and keen interest in data science / machine learning, someone who is able to quickly integrate into our dedicated and highly skilled group of experts? Then we look forward to receiving your application and welcoming you into the team.
Your primary focus will be in applying data science to take on complex, interesting data challenges and extract actionable information from high-dimensional (engineering) data. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of data and end to end projects meaningful to Arm Engineering.
* Apply data science, machine learning, statistical techniques, etc to solve complex engineering data challenges
* Work in the data science team to invent, prototype and deploy solutions
* Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of different types of data
* Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant to the challenge at hand
* Data visualisation
* Validate and track performance of deployed models
* Work with engineers to understand their problems
* Internal consulting and ad-hoc analysis
Required Skills and Qualifications
* Expertise / experience in data science / machine learning and statistics
* Ability to rapidly prototype and deploy solutions in Python
* Proficiency in gathering, cleansing and analysing data
* Data-oriented personality and excellent communication skills
* Interest and endurance in tackling diverse and complex data problems
* MSc or equivalent degree in data science, computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, bioinformatics or engineering or other data science related areas
* A PhD, industry experience, equivalent expertise and/or exceptional talent in data science or related areas
* Ability to work independently in a team
* Ability to communicate to engineering stakeholders in clear language
* Ability to manage projects
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Ability to use data science tools and languages, including Python, Pytorch, Caffe, TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, pandas, scipy, R, etc
* Ability to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment, choosing and learning to use new tools as required
* Working knowledge of data visualisation tools such as Tableau, D3.js, etc.
* Enthusiasm in producing graphically appealing, if relevant interactive, presentation of results
* Knowledge of SQL, NoSQL, Spark, Linux, etc.
* Good understanding of software development workflow, such as Git usage, unit testing, etc.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate and that everyone misses out when we don't
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying don't know
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road