about 1 year ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
The Content Platforms team builds and maintains the Sky’s Rights Management, Scheduling and Planning systems as well as systems related to content metadata collection, aggregation, enrichment and distribution services to drive a wide range of world class, highly available, resilient content discovery API services for Sky+, SkyQ, NowTV and Sky Go.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
This role reports directly to the Lead Architect in the Content Platforms department part of OTT Global TV Platforms & Apps Software Engineering unit, but will work closely with other domain architects, technical leads, and software delivery teams across all of OTT Global TV Platforms & Apps Software Engineering, Group TV and Digital Platforms (TVDP), and the other Technology divisions.
- You will be accountable for the definition of solution designs which balance the needs of the business with the evolution of the technical landscape.
- Leading (including shaping the future vision) of the Personalisation and Data Analytics platforms and the integration of those components with the other TVDP Platform components and Sky capabilities providing services to Sky’s products such as Sky Digital TV Set Top Boxes, Sky Go, NowTV, Sky Sports Mobile TV, Sky Store, AdSmart etc.
- Collaborate with IT teams and management to devise a data strategy that addresses industry requirements.
- Providing expertise on open source tools and systems, and thought leadership around agile development practices.
- Hands on, demonstrable, experience of defining data architectures (including future vision) that deliver all platform aspects of one (or more) of Personalisation, Data Analytics and Reporting systems.
- In depth specialist knowledge of open source technologies such as Spark, HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Sqoop and Pig, Kafka, Flume, Presto, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, and Avro.
- Experience of defining and delivering architectural solutions that support very high numbers of peak concurrent users, that are highly available, and highly resilient in the face of dependent component failures.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better