7 months ago
In this high-visibility role, you will build and enhance the compliance & integrity program for GE Healthcare’s $5B Life Sciences business (Bioprocess, Cell Therapy, Imaging Pharmaceuticals & Contrast, Genomics & Cell Research).
Responsibilities include legal counseling, program development, strategic advising, and risk assessment & mitigation. You will be part of the Global Law & Policy team reporting to the Senior Compliance Counsel for Life Sciences.
Program: Establish and maintain compliance infrastructure aligned with global laws and policies. Develop and support program including policy/procedure, counseling, training, communications, monitoring/auditing, risk assessment, investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective actions.
Project Management: Provide strategic input to support an effective company-wide compliance program. Creatively and effectively use data to identify trends or spot problems and develop compliance program to address. Manage outside counsel.
Commercial: Consult both on-site and remote business clients on commercial deals. Collaborate with legal colleagues, including advising on fraud & abuse, regulatory, privacy, antitrust and advertising/promotional laws. Assess risk for new business activities.
Business Development: Participate in due diligence & acquisition/JV integration activities.
Execution: Protect business interests through effective counseling, including scoping go-to-market risk in new activities and demonstrating value to business teams. Align with Legal, Finance & HR colleagues to deliver compliance support efficiently.
Investigations: Conduct investigations as needed. Support others conducting ongoing investigations. Spot trends and areas-of-focus for corrective action and targeted training/communications.
• Qualifying law degree (undergraduate degree in law, LLM, JD, or equivalent)
• Extensive legal practice experience in firm or corporate setting counseling clients in the pharmaceutical, life sciences, medtech, and/or biotechnology industries
• Proven expertise in how compliance, anti-corruption, anti-bribery, and anti-competition laws & codes affect businesses in the life sciences industry (e.g., U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), U.K. Bribery Act, U.S. health care fraud & abuse laws, drug & device regulations, other US and European anti-corruption & antitrust laws)
• Strong project management, prioritization and critical thinking skills
• Able to work independently on complex issues with multiple clients and short timelines
• Attention to detail that ensures issues are investigated promptly and thoroughly
• Effectively collaborate with clients & colleagues from myriad backgrounds and cultures
• Enthusiasm & curiosity for issues in the biosciences
• Global mindset and proven ability to interact with clients and colleagues across North
& South America, Europe, Africa and Asia
• Experience working in a global corporate setting with proven ability to
prioritize, resolve problems and work tactically
• Ability to earn trust of- and persuade senior leaders
• Understanding of how adult learning and behavioral psychology can improve
• Proficiency in spotting trends and quantifying risk in large data sets
• Experience within biomanufacturing, biologics and biopharmaceuticals, genomics,
or cellular/viral therapy companies
• Deep understanding of legal issues in digital health, biotechnology
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: Sweden, United Kingdom; Uppsala